What's for Easter Dinner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's for Easter Dinner?

Couldn't find an existing thread on this for 2012, so I figured I would start one.

We are having a pork roast and sausages (primal, no fillers) alongside deviled eggs and potato salad, both made with homemade mayonnaise. I am also mixing up a garden salad for the table, with a creamy garlic and parmesan dressing.
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

Local raised and produced ham, baked sweet potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts, green beans sauteed in bacon grease, and baked apples with cinnamon and nutmeg. :-)

Comment

GrokON - Wow the creamy garlic and parmesan dressing sounds lovely. I had a Pesto cream with feta dressing this afternoon with my Thandoori Hake serve and veggies at our lunch out. Tonight's menu;

Grilled Tuna steak (Marinade coconut oil & chilli pesto, dill) and 1/2 cup lettuce, onion, 1/2 avo.

Enjoy the rest of the Easter weekend
      Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
      SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
      CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
      GW: 130lbs

Comment

Leg of Lamb (New Zealand), asparagus, roasted potatoes.

Comment

Deviled duck eggs, leg of lamb (Australia), swiss chard with bacon, mashed sweeet potato (butter and a little cinnamon), cheesecake and local strawberries.

Comment

Lindt 70% cocoa easter egg for me! (well, strictly speaking it was mackerel, kale, asparagus, broccoli, butter, but chocolate egg is no longer in one piece)

Comment

Prime Rib, carmalized onion horseradish mashed potatoes, asparagus, caesar salad. Dessert will be Eton Mess, which is basically broken meringes tossed with whipped cream and berries!
              The more I see the less I know for sure.
              -John Lennon

Comment

Mom is cooking up lamb chops, some veggies, and she made a gluten free carrot cake.
                Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

Bison patties and sauteed greens and a yam. But breakfast was ice cream, and tomorrow will be an unreasonably large feast of discounted Easter candy.
                  You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Cornish game hens, maple roasted sweet potatoes and probably something green like green beans. Dessert is paleo carrot cake with 1/2 the maple syrup.

Comment

I made the girlfriend mocha-battered gluten free french toast with raw honey butter and over easy eggs for breakfast, and am IFing until dinner, maybe all day if my stomach doesn't revolt. Dessert = getting the day off on easter freaking sunday.
                      “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

IMG_1212.jpg

Grass-fed bison prime rib, sauteed spinach, sweet potato slices fried in bacon fat, fresh strawberries, cut fruit and veggies, red wine. Also shared a small serving of a yeast roll as symbolic gesture of breaking bread in remembrance of Jesus as he commanded at the last supper. The butter (from grass-fed cows) was symbolically shaped into a little lamb and a generous serving covered my small piece of bread.

Happy Easter!

Peace,
                        Karen

Comment

Leg of Lamb - California - local - Marin Sun Farms - humanely raised and killed.
                          Roasted rosemary potatoes
                          Fresh garden salad
                          Christine
                          Wag more, bark less

Comment

Grilled / oven-finished pork shoulder, sautéed vegetables and mushrooms, baked sweet potatoes, and homemade almond butter cups using 99% cacao dark chocolate and homemade almond butter.

Comment

Tonight's Easter dinner was a Five Guys burger (no bun)....

On Good Friday I served prime rib, turkey breast stuffed with sausage, fig and cranberry, roasted broccoli and butternut squash!

Comment

Working...
                              X