Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Davy Jones - vegetarian runner with clogged arteries, dead at 66

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Davy Jones - vegetarian runner with clogged arteries, dead at 66

    Autopsy confirms Davy Jones diet of heart attack
    Published: Thursday, April 05, 2012

    WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. An autopsy report confirms Monkees star Davy Jones died of a heart attack.

    The report obtained Thursday by The Associated Press shows the 66-year-old Jones had severe build-up in his arteries.

    Toxicology reports came back negative for any sign of drugs in his system other than cannabinoids, a class of drugs that includes marijuana. However, that played no role in his death.

    The report also notes some congestion in the singer's lungs.

    Jones rocketed to the top of the 1960s music charts along with his bandmates in The Monkees, captivating audiences with hits including "Daydream Believer" and "I'm a Believer." He died Feb. 29 near his home in Indiantown, Fla.

    -Associated Press

    wow.

  • #2
    I can assure you when he got the munchies he probably ate alot of plant based junk food. TOo bad I don't wish death upon anyone
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

    Comment


    • #3
      I had read in the news that he was a "health nut" in that he was vegetarian and exercised a lot. And in the the autopsy, lo and behold, major blockages in the arteries.

      Too bad, I was a big Monkees fan as a kid.

      Comment


      • #4
        I knew a vegetarian who lived mainly on rice, beans, bread, cheese, ... and lots of chocolate chip cookies. "Vegetarian" really just means meatless. It doesn't necessarily mean healthy.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tswei99 View Post
          Autopsy confirms Davy Jones diet of heart attack
          Published: Thursday, April 05, 2012

          WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — An autopsy report confirms Monkees star Davy Jones died of a heart attack.

          The report obtained Thursday by The Associated Press shows the 66-year-old Jones had severe build-up in his arteries.

          Toxicology reports came back negative for any sign of drugs in his system other than cannabinoids, a class of drugs that includes marijuana. However, that played no role in his death.

          The report also notes some congestion in the singer's lungs.

          Jones rocketed to the top of the 1960s music charts along with his bandmates in The Monkees, captivating audiences with hits including "Daydream Believer" and "I'm a Believer." He died Feb. 29 near his home in Indiantown, Fla.
          Egyptian Mummies Diagnosed With Clogged Arteries : NPR
          Ancient Egyptians did have access to meat, though Thomas says their diet consisted mostly of grains, fruits and vegetables.
          To paraphrase Homer Simpson, the grains are protecting themselves somehow...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bryanccfshr View Post
            I don't wish death upon anyone
            Well that's just unamerican.

            Comment


            • #7
              wow. this mummy news in fascinating. thanks for the link.

              Comment


              • #8
                Let's remember not to rely too much on anecdotal evidence; he could have had a predisposition to have a heart attack. Also agree with the vegetarian does not equal healthy comments. He could have eaten junk food a lot.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mmsantos View Post
                  Let's remember not to rely too much on anecdotal evidence; he could have had a predisposition to have a heart attack. Also agree with the vegetarian does not equal healthy comments. He could have eaten junk food a lot.
                  I think the 'vegetarian' point is that he wasn't eating "artery clogging meat" and yet, his arteries were clogged anyway. I think most vegetarians think that as long as a food is plant based, they're safe.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Wow that just proves it then. Thanks for the great links
                    " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

                    - Vincent Van Gogh




                    Primal Since January 2011

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I recall his agent and some of his friends describing him as a health nut in interviews. But I also remember one of his bandmates bringing up the fact that both of his parents died unusually young. So, yeah, he also may not have done well in the genetic lottery.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
                        I recall his agent and some of his friends describing him as a health nut in interviews. But I also remember one of his bandmates bringing up the fact that both of his parents died unusually young. So, yeah, he also may not have done well in the genetic lottery.
                        Of course, his parents may have died young from lifestyle issues rather than genetic disposition.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
                          Of course, his parents may have died young from lifestyle issues rather than genetic disposition.
                          Yes. Though having particularly bad reaction to neolithic foods may be a genetic issue. This purely speculative, of course, but maybe he and his family had even more of a tendency toward inflammation from modern foods than other people. Just as some people tolerate them quite well, there are probably outliers on the other end as well.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Based on CW "health nut" could mean he ate a "healthy" low-fat, high carb grain based diet.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Perhaps he ate lots of soya too?
                              F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X