Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleo breads..My first post!

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    There is no such thing as paleo bread. There are more nuts in a loaf of that bread than Paleo man would probably eat an a year. Do you know what happens when you grind up nuts and bake them? They're loaded with omega 6, and you denature them when you grind them and then heat them up well past the smoke point of the fats. You're taking in twice as many calories versus normal wheat bread and more oxidized omega 6 than you'd eat in weeks. That's just what I want to put into my body - rancid fat and incomplete proteins in the shape of bread.

Seriously, this is the "paleo" answer to the vegan's "fake meat". I'll say it again - there is no such thing as "paleo bread". I will eat sourdough wheat bread long before I touch that nasty abomination.
    Hi Guys,

This is my first post on the forum! Enjoying the site a lot so far. Regarding the baking of nuts, can I assume that these consequences are therefore similar for home-made granola using almonds and hazelnuts etc? Should you ensure those used are blanched? Or maybe bake briefly at very low temperatures?

Thanks

Comment

• I like the occasional buns derived from Maria Emmerich's recipe for panini bread:

Here is the result of my experiments. I don't bake them often, it's mostly for my kids but they tend to ignore / forget bread these days since mom and dad don't really eat it any longer.

Comment

• i havent read the whole thread but if white rice is a safe starch, i then make paleo bread as i make GF bread for the kids. 2c rice flour, 1c tapioca flour and approx 1/2 c coconut flour. an egg. yeast, honey and water. a capful of ACV. salt. a bit of EVO if i have it. mix it all up adding more water to make a dough. put it to rise and bake like bread.

Comment

• I wouldn't buy it. Maybe one day I'll actually make a baked paleo dessert- I do have coconut flour in my pantry, but TBH it would be once in a blue moon for me. Fruit is dessert enough.
          ‎"I've heard tell that what you imagine sometimes comes true " - Roald Dahl

“Keep making things and treating people well.”- Jason Gregory

"Don’t try to be different. Just be good. To be good is different enough."- Arthur Freed

5'6"
          24 year old female
          Current: Always between 115 and 119.
          Goal: Get ripped.
          My Journal

Comment

• I used to make a gluten-free "bread" by putting warm cooked rice through the food processor until smooth and pasty, then adding yeast, salt, and enough sweet rice flour and rice flour to make a dough. It would rise and I would bake it. So if anybody desperately needs to make "paleo bread", they might want to play with that.

Comment

• I really miss chip/ crackers/ crunchy stuff - so I adapted my bread recipe using potato flour, coconut, seeds and nuts. I bake the bread, and then slice really thin and bake again. It comes out like a biscotti. A couple of these with a nice chesse occasionally - brilliant !!!!!!!
              "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• I think this video was posted on another thread, don't recall where though. Pretty much killed any interest I might have had in Julian Bakery's breads.

Sponge or Bread (This Can't be Healthy) - Julian Bakery - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
                  I bake bread using coconut flour. It's about 1.5 cups coconut flour, a dozen eggs and 2 sticks of butter or 1-cup of coconut oil (whichever you prefer). I would say it's closer to Paleo than almond meal bread for sure.
                  What are the rest of the specifics on this recipe (Oven temp/time). I'd like to try it out.
                  22 year old male in Pittsburgh. Primal since 9/12.

Comment

• Paleo Eats and Treats!: Paleo Gluten Free Macadamia Nut Bread

This is better than any almond meal flour bread... trust me! I made it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Badkty22 View Post
                      I think this video was posted on another thread, don't recall where though. Pretty much killed any interest I might have had in Julian Bakery's breads.

Sponge or Bread (This Can't be Healthy) - Julian Bakery - YouTube
                      That was too funny! Thank you for the info!
                      Home birthing legal mama. Unschooler. Jewish Intactivist (step away from the foreskin!). Full-term breastfeeder. Kettlebell padawan.

Comment

Working...
                      X