Your thoughts on Blood type

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    This discussion is like the proverbial bad penny that just keeps turning up.
    Aren't you talking about Iodine?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      This discussion is like the proverbial bad penny that just keeps turning up.
      Yeah, I'm done arguing. Gotta go work on my book, The Eye Color Diet. (It will be titled The Eye Colour Diet in Britain)
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Hahahahaaaaaaaa! Dying.

Comment

My friend tried to sell me on the blood type diet... after making comments about how much fat I eat. I laughed in her face...

Comment

Originally posted by uniquelymade View Post
            I have noticed that a number of paleo foods still give me a problem. I'm blood type O. I noticed that the foods that are causing me issues are on the blood type o avoid list.

Example of the foods that cause inflammation for me and are on the avoid list:
            Pork
            eggs
            dairy
            avocado
            coconut in all forms
            cauliflower
            cucumber
            yucca
            citrus fruits
            plantain

When I first starting following the paleo diet I did an elimination diet of sorts because I was so ill. I have lots of food allergies, stomache problems, etc...
            I looked into the blood type diet and followed some of the recommendations. I would drink pineapple juice in small amounts because Peter D'Adamo suggested it was helpful in releasing water retention. It worked.

What are your thoughts?
            Blood type doesn't matter... you just have an intolerance or an allergy.

Comment

Haha... just read the entire thread after posting my quick response.

Don't care to get into the argument... you can see my stance above.

Comment

For those actually interested in the historical record rather than when a blood type was identified.

New Scientist.

Comment

Originally posted by JudyMac View Post
                  For those actually interested in the historical record rather than when a blood type was identified.

New Scientist.
                  Interesting article. Has absolutely no bearing on the hypothesis about "eating for your blood type" but a fascinating read nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                  X