Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on Blood type

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Most Os have trouble with grains and dairy. Os who say they don't may not really be honest with themselves. There are a group of Os who have the oldest DNA, the Hunter genotype, who absolutely must eat the pure paleo diet to be successful. I am one of those people. I can't tolerate grains or dairy, not in the least. Also, blood type/genotype has helped me get very sophisticated and refined about my food choices. I don't mean to brag but I easily have one of the most sophisticated diets of anyone on here.
    Umm...or maybe they do fine on dairy and are not lying. Really, that doesn't even make sense. Os are trying to trick themselves into thinking they can do dairy? I do feel like you get picked on a lot here, fierce, but come on now...this is silly

    Comment


    • #32
      Also, isn't there some debate that the A type was actually first, not O? Wouldn't that kind of refute the diet?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Sarahrob2248 View Post
        Also, isn't there some debate that the A type was actually first, not O? Wouldn't that kind of refute the diet?
        Yep that is one of the many problems with that "science" listen to that podcast.
        Primal since March 2011

        Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

        Comment


        • #34
          I'm type B and looked up what my diet "should" be just for fun. It said I should stay away from wheat and corn, which is very true, both those things treat me badly. But, the article also said I should be eating low-fat dairy (espcially cow's milk and yogurt) and I am lactose intoleratant (particulary sensitive to cow's milk and yogurt!) so that one doesn't seem particulary accurate.

          Comment


          • #35
            Crock of shit. I'm AB ~ should be able to eat anything~ but I have serious problems with legumes, grains, and uncultured dairy. I've been avoiding those foods for the last 20 years~ long before anyone even heard of PB. And yes, I bought and read the blood type book~ laughed myself silly.

            Comment


            • #36
              Below is my blood type. I eat lots of protein. I don't eat soy or bean often. I do avoid gluten but consume a lot of dairy products. I eat tomatoes and citrus copiously.

              I am fit, about 18% BF (a little high for a man but I eat too much), and healthy. My blood work is perfect. I am in my early forties.

              Beyond a lack of science, the problem with this concept is that there are too many unexplained exceptions. Ultimately we all seem to have foods that work better for us. Sometimes, likely by pure coincidence, it lines up with this concept. More often it doesn't.

              Millions of people are afraid to fly and have premonitions that their plane will crash. Some of them have been right. Are they clairvoyant while the rest aren't? Or was in just luck of the draw?

              If someone every day has a premonition that they will die, one day they will be correct. Were they clairvoyant that day?

              Obviously not. This is why we have clinical trials.
              _________________________________
              A-Positive
              According to D'Adamo Personalized Nutrition, a diet for blood type A-positive is basically a vegetarian one. This diet consists of eating many organic vegetables, either raw or steamed, and fruits. For protein, it is recommended that people with type A eat a lot of beans, such as soybeans and black beans, as well as lentils. This diet should also limit gluten and whole-fat dairy products. Meat should be eaten sparingly, with chicken as the best choice if desired. Not all vegetables and fruits are good, however, as tomatoes and citrus fruits should be avoided.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
                Also, blood type/genotype has helped me get very sophisticated and refined about my food choices. I don't mean to brag but I easily have one of the most sophisticated diets of anyone on here.
                Ignoring blood/genotype has helped me get very basic and simple about my food choices.

                I DO mean to brag, because I easily have one of the least sophisticated diets of anyone on here.

                There's certainly individual variances, but overall, eating real and biologically appropriate food (not necessary paleolithic food, but there's lot of overlap) seems to have positive effects on members of all blood types. Doesn't get much less sophisticated than "Eat lots of plants and animals."

                I'm sorry to hear that you have to be so refined and sophisticated about something so basic and arcane as determining what is and is not food.
                The Champagne of Beards

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
                  Most Os have trouble with grains and dairy. Os who say they don't may not really be honest with themselves. There are a group of Os who have the oldest DNA, the Hunter genotype, who absolutely must eat the pure paleo diet to be successful. I am one of those people. I can't tolerate grains or dairy, not in the least. Also, blood type/genotype has helped me get very sophisticated and refined about my food choices. I don't mean to brag but I easily have one of the most sophisticated diets of anyone on here.
                  ok, this is why i can't take it seriously when you say "but it's totally scientific!!"
                  my primal journal:
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by activia View Post
                    Yep that is one of the many problems with that "science" listen to that podcast.
                    Sorry been in very boring meetings today...couldn't listen before but def will now!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      blood type has nothing to do with your diet. this is pseudo-scientific bullshit that will appeal to jack kruse followers and those that are easily duped.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
                        People can laugh all they want but Peter D'Adamo is right about a lot of things- blood type explains why most As don't truly thrive on a high protein meat based diet. I have an A friend who has never thrived on my food.
                        Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
                        It is actually totally scientific and has a ton of anecdotal evidence too.
                        I'm glad you said "most". I happen to be an A who thrives on the Paleo/Primal way of eating.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

                        Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Tinker View Post
                          _________________________________A-Positive
                          According to D'Adamo Personalized Nutrition, a diet for blood type A-positive is basically a vegetarian one. This diet consists of eating many organic vegetables, either raw or steamed, and fruits. For protein, it is recommended that people with type A eat a lot of beans, such as soybeans and black beans, as well as lentils. This diet should also limit gluten and whole-fat dairy products. Meat should be eaten sparingly, with chicken as the best choice if desired. Not all vegetables and fruits are good, however, as tomatoes and citrus fruits should be avoided.
                          WAAAH! I don't want to be a vegetarian. Thank God I have been saved by Mark Sisson.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

                          Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                            WAAAH! I don't want to be a vegetarian. Thank God I have been saved by Mark Sisson.
                            As an A type, I am ecstatic about this too. I thrive on meat.
                            Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                            SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

                            Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                            2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Type O here, and I can eat all of those things with no problem. And I do have a laundry list of foods I can't eat, so it's not like I'm in denial or anything.

                              And you can tell from the avatar that I look absolutely nothing like a Kardashian.
                              Durp.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I'm also blood type A and when I ate a whole foods vegetarian diet I felt like DEATH. Nuts and beans give me cramping and bloating, I had hypoglycemia attacks to the point of passing out.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X