Your thoughts on Blood type

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
    Cool. Glad it is working for you. I look at everything as an n=1 experiment. All about finding what works for you. That is why I do not buy into the blood type deal - everyone is not the same just because of their blood type.
    Most Os have trouble with grains and dairy. Os who say they don't may not really be honest with themselves. There are a group of Os who have the oldest DNA, the Hunter genotype, who absolutely must eat the pure paleo diet to be successful. I am one of those people. I can't tolerate grains or dairy, not in the least. Also, blood type/genotype has helped me get very sophisticated and refined about my food choices. I don't mean to brag but I easily have one of the most sophisticated diets of anyone on here.

Comment

Originally posted by uniquelymade View Post
      the blood type o avoid list.

Example of the foods that cause inflammation for me and are on the avoid list:
      Pork
      eggs
      dairy
      avocado
      coconut in all forms
      cauliflower
      cucumber
      yucca
      citrus fruits
      plantain
      I am blood type O- and I can eat all these things. I can sometimes have a stomach ache with too much coconut and I'm not a huge fan of cucumber or citrus fruits. I have never tried yucca except to eat actual yucca flowers I've found while hiking.

My guess, not having read the book so it is a complete guess, is that all these items, plus all the items in the other blood type avoid lists, will cause some problems for some people regardless of blood type. All it takes is for one item on his lists to provide the results he says they will to make you think his theories may be right. See how well it worked for fierce?
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
        Most Os have trouble with grains and dairy. Os who say they don't may not really be honest with themselves. There are a group of Os who have the oldest DNA, the Hunter genotype, who absolutely must eat the pure paleo diet to be successful. I am one of those people. I can't tolerate grains or dairy, not in the least. Also, blood type/genotype has helped me get very sophisticated and refined about my food choices. I don't mean to brag but I easily have one of the most sophisticated diets of anyone on here.
        I don't know most Os so can't and don't speak for them. I only know what works for me. I am also very honest with myself. As for sophisticated diets, again, glad it works for you. As I don't give two shits what anyone eats but me (though I do like recipes so rock on with posting those), feel free to brag all you like.

Comment

I've had disasterous results from eating grains like wheat and dairy, really think it has to do with my specifc genes.

I have a theory that the Kardashians are likely blood type Os. They are aggressive and just imo look like typical Os. The 3 sisters- Kourtney, Khloe and Kim- all eat pizza regularly and work out. You guys can all laugh I don't care but really- grains are so bad for you if you have this blood type, period.

kim-kardashian-kourtney-pizza-joint-nyc-110810-1-492x408.jpg

Comment

You guys can all laugh I don't care but really- grains are so bad for you if you have this blood type, period.
            Given this is the message board for PBP nutrition I would presume most would agree grains are bad for you no matter what.

Comment

Given this is the message board for PBP nutrition I would presume most would agree grains are bad for you no matter what.
              Some people on here love their carbs though and not everyone does great on red meat.

Comment

Some people on here love their carbs though and not everyone does great on red meat.
                Umm...okay. Lots of carbs that are not grains and lots of proteins that are not red meat. Again, pretty well covered in the PBP.

Comment

Umm...okay. Lots of carbs that are not grains and lots of proteins that are not red meat. Again, pretty well covered in the PBP.
                  I have a blood type A friend who has acid reflux from eating red meat- just has a totally different diet than me, can eat oat meal for example, and has no celiac like digestive issues.
                  It is genetics and while we all do have Grok as an ancestor some of us have much older DNA than others and have to eat a much stricter diet.
                  Just like D'Adamo says.

Comment

I have a blood type A friend who has acid reflux from eating red meat- just has a totally different diet than me, can eat oat meal for example, and has no celiac like digestive issues.
                    It is genetics and while we all do have Grok as an ancestor some of us have much older DNA than others and have to eat a much stricter diet.
                    Just like D'Adamo says.
                    She might have low stomach acid. There might need to work on fixing her gut actually.
                    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Just like D'Adamo says.
                      You clearly need to listen to that podcast I sent
                      Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

I'm have type A blood and the prescribed diet sounds like what I used to eat.

Type A Food List

Recommended: vegetables, seafood, tofu, beans, grains, legumes and fruits
                        Not Recommended: meat, dairy products, kidney beans, lima beans and wheat
                        Recommended for weight loss: vegetables, pineapples, vegetable oil and soy foods
                        That made me sick and I eventually developed an autoimmune condition. I do great eating more meat!

Comment

Most Os have trouble with grains and dairy. Os who say they don't may not really be honest with themselves. There are a group of Os who have the oldest DNA, the Hunter genotype, who absolutely must eat the pure paleo diet to be successful.
                          LOL. Your blood type is a Mendelian trait determined by a few genes out of tens of thousands of active genes in your genotype, of which probably hundreds or thousands interact with digestion and food metabolism. The idea that this stupidly small proportion of your genotype has these rigid and overarching effect on food tolerance is, well, stupid.

I am one of those people. I can't tolerate grains or dairy, not in the least. Also, blood type/genotype has helped me get very sophisticated and refined about my food choices. I don't mean to brag but I easily have one of the most sophisticated diets of anyone on here.
                          Yes, I can see you just HATE to brag about how advanced you are compared to all of us poor losers...
                          Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Most Os have trouble with grains and dairy. Os who say they don't may not really be honest with themselves. There are a group of Os who have the oldest DNA, the Hunter genotype, who absolutely must eat the pure paleo diet to be successful.
                            LOL. Your blood type is a Mendelian trait determined by a few genes out of tens of thousands of active genes in your genotype, of which probably hundreds or thousands interact with digestion and food metabolism. The idea that this stupidly small proportion of your genotype has these rigid and overarching effect on food tolerance is, well, stupid.

I am one of those people. I can't tolerate grains or dairy, not in the least. Also, blood type/genotype has helped me get very sophisticated and refined about my food choices. I don't mean to brag but I easily have one of the most sophisticated diets of anyone on here.
                            Yes, I can see you just HATE to brag about how advanced you are compared to all of us poor losers...

Type A Food List

Recommended: vegetables, seafood, tofu, beans, grains, legumes and fruits
                            Not Recommended: meat, dairy products, kidney beans, lima beans and wheat
                            Recommended for weight loss: vegetables, pineapples, vegetable oil and soy foods
                            Seriously? Vegetable oil and tofu and grains, but no meat or wheat? So what did all the type-As eat before the 1900s when vegetable oil was invented and soy spread outside of East Asia? Did they all have autoimmune issues? This diet is so ridiculous...
                            Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

I've had disasterous results from eating grains like wheat and dairy, really think it has to do with my specifc genes.

I have a theory that the Kardashians are likely blood type Os. They are aggressive and just imo look like typical Os. The 3 sisters- Kourtney, Khloe and Kim- all eat pizza regularly and work out. You guys can all laugh I don't care but really- grains are so bad for you if you have this blood type, period.

[ATTACH]6734[/ATTACH]
                              I look absolutely NOTHING like the kardashians and I am a type O. Seriously fierce, once in a while you come up with some decent stuff but lately you've gone way off the deep end.
                              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

[ATTACH]6734[/ATTACH]
                                I'm very curious by your statement that the Kardashians "look like" typical O's. I couldn't open the pic, but I know what they look like. What are the characteristics that define what typical O's, A's, etc. look like?
                                My journal

Comment

Working...
                                X