Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee...

Comment

@Tara-tootie -- The recipe is scheduled to publish Wednesday morning on my blog, but here it is -- sneak preview!

Pumpkin Spoonbread Mini-Loaf

1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)

1/2 cup powdered, unsweetened, dessicated coconut

1 egg, beaten

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1/8 tsp cloves

1/8 tsp salt

1/4 cup raisins (not packed)

1/4 cup walnuts

1/4 cup flaked, unsweetened coconut (optional, for garnish)

Pre-heat oven (a toaster oven is perfect!) to 425 degrees. Combine first 9 ingredients (pumpkin through salt) in small bowl and mix well; add raisins and walnuts and stir to combine. Pour batter into greased mini-loaf pan. Sprinkle top with coconut flakes, if desired. Bake 60-75 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on oven, and you may wish to cover the top with foil to prevent over-toasting of the coconut, particulary if using a toaster oven. Spoon finished loaf onto plates or into bowls and enjoy! Makes 1 mini-loaf.

It's like a sweet spoonbread, soooooo tasty for weekend mornings when I have a day's farm work ahead! The whole mini-loaf is about 65g carbs, which can be nearly halved by eliminating the raisins. Top with butter or coconut cream.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

4 eggs in butter, raw cheddar cheese, broccoli and glass of raw milk...first time having some dairy in weeks testing it out

Comment

3 eggs and 4 strips of bacon.

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

chicken sausage & a yummy slurry of coconut milk, protein powder & dried coconut.

i'm hoping it holds me until a birthday dinner tonight at Outback. i've never been & can't say i'm anxious to go but at least it will be primal friendly.

Comment

3 eggs, scrambled. Nothing else in the house, unfortunately. I leave for a vacation soon and have been intentionally depleting my stock.

--

I'm back

Comment

Banana with almond butter.

Comment

I ifasted todays' breakfast.

Comment

small cup of coffee. I'm never hungry in the morning. No idea why...

Comment

2 slices of uncured peppered applewood-smoked bacon

2 eggs

tea with 1 tbsp heavy cream (I actually found some that's not "ultra-pasteurized"!)

(PS: I'm so jealous of people who aren't hungry in the morning... I wake up HUNGRY. Within 10 minutes my stomach is growling.)

"mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Greek yogurt, blueberries, mate with coconut milk.

Comment

@mayness - I was chatting with my personal trainer buddy yesterday and he has the same issue as you - he wakes up starving every morning. Then, this weekend, he went out for a big old double burger one night. The next day, he wasn&#39;t hungry in the morning. He thinks it&#39;s because of a lack of fat in his diet. Just passing it along in case it&#39;s helpful.

Strawberries & almonds with plain yogurt for me this morning.

Comment

1/4 cup canned coconut milk thinned a bit w/cartoned coconut milk, 2T shredded coconut, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 28g cacao nibs. I eat it like yogurt and it is so filling i have trouble finishing it yet it is a very small volume of food.

Comment

@gini -- I think you&#39;re onto something. I can IF through breakfast until 1:30 in the afternoon (18 hours) much more easily if I have a high fat, high protein dinner the night before.

Another thing, though -- I find that I do get hunger pangs in the morning around 6-7 a.m., but they go away within 15 minutes or so. If I IF beyond my usual 14-15 hours, I sometimes get hunger pangs again around 9-10 a.m., but again, they go away if ignored or quieted with some tea (no cream).

ETA: Back on topic -- My breakfast today will be a big spinach salad with chilled, steamed broccoli, carrots, and asparagus, HB eggs, sunflower seeds, and olive oil dressing.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

this morning, I drank a tall glass of coconut water. I&#39;m going to try out the IF for the first time today and break it at the 24 hour mark which will be 5pm. May go another 2 hours and wait for rosemary chicken at my dads. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X