Should I eat what I crave?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I eat what I crave?

I'm sitting here thinking of a huge ground beef patty topped with melted cheese for lunch. But I'm thinking I should eat some of my leftover chicken and veggie soup instead because I'll get more veggies. But I really just want a huge chunk of meat right now. Should I assume my cravings know what my body needs and just go with it? Maybe some extra B12 or iron right now? Or should I be "logical" and eat my chicken and veggie soup because I think veggies are healthier?

Eat the freaking burger... if it makes you feel better fry up some onions and mushrooms to pile on top. Those are veggies you know and great on a melty, gooey, burger patty.

Some days I feel like almost all meat... some days I feel like 90% veg. I don't make a big issue of this... I really don't think it needs to be an issue.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Who gave you the silly notion that vegetables are healthier? I'd eat the beef! I usually don't like my left overs for the very next meal anyhow. Separation by a meal or two makes it taste better again IMO.

Comment

Oh, good idea....a big cheesy mushroom onion burger!

Comment

#firstworld problems

Comment

Originally posted by jakey View Post
            #firstworld problems
            ^^^^^Cracked me up.

Comment

I think what you really need to ask yourself is whether or not you want bacon on that cheesy burger patty!!!
              "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Eat the burger if that's what you're craving....just wait until you're good and hungry.
                Sandra
                *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Originally posted by jakey View Post
                  #firstworld problems
                  Yes, terrible dilemma, I know.
                  But the real reason for my question is ... can I trust my cravings now that I'm eating primal? Obviously, when I was pre-primal and craving massive quantities of sourdough bread, I could not trust my cravings. Are they more trustworthy now?

Comment

If you're craving meat, then just EAT IT!
                    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

It does not mean you need something necessarily, but you may. You mat need the fat or the nutrients or you may just crave the taste. Its better to allow some of your cravings then to binge later. You could find yourself eating what you think you should, then still eating what you want and feeling ill from too much food. The chicken and veggies will keep until the next meal.

Comment

How can it be lunch time? Flip a coin.

Comment

Working...
                        X