as far as rice is conserned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as far as rice is conserned

If i do not have money to get wild rice, and i have a craving for it, would it be better to eat a cup of plain white rice or this brand of gluten free risoto? Here is the ingredient label.
    2012-04-03_19-05-59_751.jpg
    Let me know. All ive had today is a very small piece of chicken, and some steamed broccoli and carrots. Still very hungry.
    Taking life one day at a time.

seriously? not a single response?

Comment

I'm not sure why you have only ate what you have today. How about some sweet potatoes? White rice is OK. Some of us actually still consume it. You can always phase it out later after you have fully transitioned and try a month without it.

Eat more meat/veggies!
      Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Seriously, it's been less than two hours. Entitled much? "I posted and deserve a response ASAP."

Comment

i don't have any money until the 18th, and i'm trying to get an apartment, so the money i do get has to go towards that. I only ate so little today because i was up at 6 to take my boyfriend to the airport, got home around 9, and was so tired i went back to sleep and didnt wake up again until 1230, got caught up in cleaning the house and watching some TV (no gas money to go anywhere and their is too much construction going on in my neighborhood to walk around here) so i just didn't think about eating until i made dinner, and now that i've ate something, i feel incredibly hungry

Comment

Originally posted by primalkyle View Post
            Seriously, it's been less than two hours. Entitled much? "I posted and deserve a response ASAP."
            not entitlement, i just hate it when i have a question, and i see that people are looking, but nobody offers their wisdom. that's why i post on here, for advice. not just for people to see my thoughts.

Comment

canned tuna/eggs/sweet potatoes are very cheap and primal. Also look for frozen veggies, they are cheaper.. Root vegetables as well.. like spaghetti squash
              Primal since March 2011

Comment

i think i've had squash before and didn't like it, but i'll try it. how does one cook spaghetti squash? I can't wrap my pallet around eating canned/bagged tuna. it looks gross, it smells gross, i've always been disgusted by it. i did like freshly cooked tuna steaks, though....damn my exspensive tastes!

Comment

Originally posted by harleyquinn8813 View Post
                  not entitlement, i just hate it when i have a question, and i see that people are looking, but nobody offers their wisdom. that's why i post on here, for advice. not just for people to see my thoughts.
                  Just because you're stuck at home and claim not to have anything to do other than watch TV, that doesn't mean other people are here to answer you whenever you want. You pay people to be on your schedule...so if you can't afford it, wait a decent amount of time before soliciting another response (and don't act like you've been wronged in any way.)

Comment

Originally posted by primalkyle View Post
                    Just because you're stuck at home and claim not to have anything to do other than watch TV, that doesn't mean other people are here to answer you whenever you want. You pay people to be on your schedule...so if you can't afford it, wait a decent amount of time before soliciting another response (and don't act like you've been wronged in any way.)
                    dude, seroiusly? what is your issue? if you didn't like that i posted that then you didn't have to continue reading my post. I don't expect anybody to be on my schedule.

Comment

There are a million things you can do with eggs.

Try tuna with homemade mayo.. thats how I've always liked it

There are many kinds of squash, just because you dont like one doesnt mean you wont like all. They all taste different. There are at least 5 different varieties in your standard store.

The way I find the easiest to do spaghetti squash is to stab it 10 times stick it in the microwave for 10 mins, then cut it in half (should be very soft at this point), spoon out the seeds (which you can then oven bake if you like), then use a fork to take the squash out and its like spaghetti.. I like to be a good spaghetti sauce on top (you can find some at the grocery store but have to look carefully).. with some primal meatballs.

I would suggest going through some primal recipes to find out ways to prepare the other squash that you might like.

Cumin Roasted Sweet Potatoes | The Foodie And The Family

Keep trying new things prepared new ways. Just because you dont like it one way doesnt mean you wont like it another. Use liberal amounts of fat when trying new things.

The Paleo Table: 5 winter squashes plus a recipe
                      Primal since March 2011

Comment

I did find a recipe for sweet potato chips (not that it's hard to make) just haven't had the funds to buy grocries and try these things. i think the things i miss and "crave" the most, is the crunch. the crunch of candy and chips and pretzels.

Comment

sweet potato chips are pretty damn cheap to make.. sweet potatoes are really cheap.. then all you need is some grass fed lard/tallow which is usually free from a farm.
                          Primal since March 2011

Comment

I think you're just going to have to suck it up and start putting in some effort. It's tough in the beginning, but it gets way easier. There are thousands of recipes online.. Local Harvest / Farmers Markets / Family Farms / CSA / Organic Food to find a local farm.
                            Primal since March 2011

Comment

That was helpful indeed. I did find two farmers markets in decent driving distance. still has to wait until i get some money, but i will most definitely hit them up as soon as i can.

Comment

Working...
                              X