Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fav way to cook ground beef?

What are your fav ways to have it?
    We are getting bored with nachos (without chips of course) and meat balls.

One pound, flattened in the pan with tallow and coconut oil, covered in parsley, black pepper, ground fennel and a pinch of sea salt and chunks of turmeric. Herbs on top like a thick skin. Eat with a fork in a wide, shallow bowl and drink whatever is left at the end.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

In a pan. Quality ground beef is delicious without anything added to it.
      Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Jalapenos and salt.

Comment

Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
          Jalapenos and salt.
          Yep, though I also use banana peppers, sometimes tomatoes... man I love ground beef, it's actually been a while since I've made some.
          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Ground cooked in a pan with onions, green peppers and red pepper flakes.
            Super meaty marinara over broccoli & cauliflower
            Meatza
            Taco Salad

Comment

Gotta be honest, ground beef just doesn't hold a lot of appeal to me. I've never been crazy about it, but it seems like since I've gone Primal, it's fallen to the very bottom of the lists of meats I prefer to eat. And before anyone asks, yes! I've tried the high end stuff. There's just so much else out there that I'd prefer to eat.

One of the big points in favor of ground beef is that it's an "economic" form of meat -- or more succinctly, it CHEAP compared to other types of meats. But these days with the whole pink slime and other crappily made ground beef circulating, it's more important than ever to get well-known quality sources, making it a lot less cheap compared to other types of meat. As these forces push the cost/value ratio of ground beef up, I'm finding myself more and more inclined to switch off to other meats which (IMO) even though they ARE more expensive, they are now not that much more expensive and quite bit better value.

One way that I still like ground beef quite a lot is in a 50/50 mix with ground pork for spicy italian style meatballs or meatloaf - no bread or cracker crumbs added, obviously.
              Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
              Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Comment

I like it cooked with sea salt and eggs served over an avocado. Boring but I feel great after eating it.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I just grille a burger.
                  Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
                  I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
                  Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
                  ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Comment

I think I have perfected my meatloaf recipe.

saute in butter and/or olive oil:
                    med onion, 1/2 bell pepper, 4 oz mushrooms - diced

put in a bowl:
                    1 lb GF ground beef, 1/2 lb ground pork
                    2 eggs
                    few squirts ketchup or tomato sauce, worscestershire, hot sauce
                    4 oz grated cheese (raw cheddar was great)
                    splash of cream or 1/2&1/2
                    Chopped parsley, sage, S&P

When the saute has cooled add to the rest and mix, then bake in a loaf pan.

Comment

Taco salad.
                      Taco omelette.
                      Just a burger patty with onions in it and a slice of melted cheddar cheese on top.
                      Meat loaf made with mushrooms, bell pepper, onions, flax meal and egg, topped with ketchup or BBQ sauce.
                      Ground beef in sauteed zucchini, onion, mushroom, Italian stewed tomatoes, topped with mozzarella cheese.

Comment

I found a recipe online for Paleo taco seasoning. I add spices to the beef and serve it with taco fixins' minus the shell. (or use a big lettuce leaf as a "shell"). Burgers (with a side of sweet potato fries!), mixed with tomato sauce (with italian spices) and served over spaghetti squash.

Comment

Ground beef is probably my favorite meat to eat and cook with. At least once a week we make burgers on the grill (nothing in the meat, we just sprinkle both sides with garlic salt). Ground beef makes a terrific base for just about any kind of soup you want to throw together. Just brown the meat, and add any vegetables you like (great way to use up veggies that are not as "fresh"), season and then add broth and simmer for a bit to allow the flavors to meld. I also often make "hamburger helper" type meals using ground beef, brown the beef in a skillet, again along with any vegetables that strike your fancy (shredded sweet potatoes/white potatoes or parsnips work well), and add spices to flavor the dish, along with a bit of stock to reach the desired consistency if necessary. Considering the endless variety of vegetables and spices and herbs you can combine with ground beef, I consider it the most versatile meat to cook with!

Comment

Meatzza with ricotta and creme fraiche caramelized onions fennel and bacon.

Comment

Cumin Burgers stuffed with a dot of blue cheese!!!
                              Mix beef with lots of cumin, ground garlic, himalayan salt, pepper, chili powder, and minced garlic and fold around a tiny bit of blue cheese and fry.. Sometimes we top with another dot of Blue cheese.

Our other favorite is of course the meatza!!!!! mmmmm..have you tried the meatza? We don't eat tomatoes so we make a sauce out of cooked and pureed carrots and yams and roasted garlic and spices.. Yummmy!!! pile high with veggies and a little goat cheese and Oh Emm Gee!!

*dang now I am hungry*

Comment

Working...
                              X