Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
    Violet,

For what it's worth, I think YOU would be a delight in person, too.
    But the fact is, you have been here only a short time; you have even alluded to the fact you have been kicked off of many other forums before. You posted something about how you were not feeling comfortable with being a, "Senior Member".

Yet---- you have the temerity (Google it) to chastise another member for the formatting of her post. Can you feel the irony here???
    It's not so much what a person has to say---it's how she says it.

That is all <3
    Sarah also has mentioned that she has Asperger's syndrome (google it). It is quite possible that she does not feel the irony in it at all :/
    Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• No problem,i really didn't mean to cause any fuss.

Spaces between lines ,ok.

I find it funny that i'm very chilled ,even though my formatting is crap.Whilst others are getting upset! whats that all about ? lol

Let's leave it there now ! mental note to myself(don't ask questions,unless i'm ready for the consequences) That was a joke...ha ha

Comment

Violet,

But the fact is, you have been here only a short time; you have even alluded to the fact you have been kicked off of many other forums before. You posted something about how you were not feeling comfortable with being a, "Senior Member".

Yet---- you have the temerity (Google it) to chastise another member for the formatting of her post. Can you feel the irony here???

That is all <3

seriously. not to perpetuate the drama, of which i am clearly doing by replying, but i'd hate to think someone new to the forums would be reluctant to post if we become known for having typing police around here.
        sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

• Please seriously it's not a drama!

Violet's ok ,i'm from Sheffield,uk. Made of sturner stuff,doesn't bother me in the slightest.

You are R8 violet,if you are a true sheffielder you will know i'm ok.

Thankyou to all ,bless.

Comment

• Thanks for starting this thread. I've been really feeling tired and heavy the last couple of days. Yesterday I read this thread (and many others) and I decided to give it a try. Last night I ate 1/2 and avocado with my salad. I also ate 2 pounds of bacon, yum. I woke up this morning feeling great and full of energy. EAT FAT!!!
            ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Comment

• Originally posted by NutMeg View Post
              Sarah also has mentioned that she has Asperger's syndrome (google it). It is quite possible that she does not feel the irony in it at all :/
              I often miss the irony as well. I'm an Aspie too. (This should not surprise anyone.) Frankly, I think people should format their posts so that they are readable. If they're not, I tend to skip over them; I made an exception here because reading other people's posts made it possible to get the gist of what was in shelly's nearly-unreadable posts.
              Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Bodhi View Post
                Thanks for starting this thread. I've been really feeling tired and heavy the last couple of days. Yesterday I read this thread (and many others) and I decided to give it a try. Last night I ate 1/2 and avocado with my salad. I also ate 2 pounds of bacon, yum. I woke up this morning feeling great and full of energy. EAT FAT!!!
                I think if I ate 2 lbs of bacon, I'd wake up with a hangover.

Comment

Violet,

That is all <3

No, I don't (maybe you need to learn what 'irony' is) see anything remotely ironic in what I said. ANYONE can ask someone to write more clearly - how long they've been a member here is irrelevant.

Now why don't you do the world a favour and go drink some bleach or something!
                  La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

• Originally posted by Griff View Post
                    *shrug* Whatev's, AmyMac. When you've lost the amount of weight I've lost eating the way you do, come back and share - and preach your SAD beliefs. Until then, I'll keep advocating that people replace those empty carb calories they're used to with good, nutritious fat, and they'll get over the carb flu quicker and feel healther, stronger, and leaner much faster.

That's all.
                    What about those of us who don't have extra fat to lose? I think the needs of a person who is naturally lean and underweight are very different from someone who has 20, 40, 100lbs of fat they'd like to lose. And what works well for fat loss might not be the best for an individual who is aiming for weight maintanence or gain, or simply focusing on athletic performance. Activity level makes a huge difference here, and that's something you don't have personal experience with Griff (IIRC you don't exercise at all?).

I think there's a huge amount of healthy macronutrient variation possible within the PB. Personally I feel and look my best eating high fat since I need all the extra calories I can get, moderate carbs (no grains, but plenty of potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, fruit, nuts, yogurt), moderate protein.

I do agree with the main premise of your post. None of us should be afraid of natural fats, and getting enough of them is essential for good health. But I don't think more fat is better in all cases, nor do I think eating plentiful carbs is bad for everyone (although I do think grains are to be avoided).

Comment

• I think if I ate 2 lbs of bacon, I'd wake up with a hangover.
                      I'll have to admit that I'm very surprised myself. CW says I should have died of a fat clot going to my brain or heart last night in my sleep, but I woke up feeling better than I have in days. I'm sold on the fat is where its at theme.
                      ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shrinking_Violet View Post
                        No, I don't (maybe you need to learn what 'irony' is) see anything remotely ironic in what I said. ANYONE can ask someone to write more clearly - how long they've been a member here is irrelevant.

Violet,

I came here to apologize for the tone of my original post to you.

I'm sorry I dumped on you. Could we have a do-over? <3<3<3
                        Last edited by kuno1chi; 09-24-2010, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• although i have to say - the way you speak to people isn't really appropriate. walk away and write back later....rather than reacting in a rude and aggressive manner?

This is a forum where people don't want to be scared to post (remember? You were that person when you were branded a troll, you were scared to post around here. don't inflict it on others (Although i don't see kuno1chi being "scared" as such) but imagine noobs reading this and seeing what you say to people about "drinking bleach". if i saw that, i'd be too worried to post against you if I were new)

if you feel like writing that kind of nasty comment, take a time out. it will make the forum a nicer place for everyone.

thanks
                          Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
                          **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Comment

• Originally posted by queen_sheba View Post
                            although i have to say - the way you speak to people isn't really appropriate. walk away and write back later....rather than reacting in a rude and aggressive manner?

This is a forum where people don't want to be scared to post (remember? You were that person when you were branded a troll, you were scared to post around here. don't inflict it on others (Although i don't see kuno1chi being "scared" as such) but imagine noobs reading this and seeing what you say to people about "drinking bleach". if i saw that, i'd be too worried to post against you if I were new)

if you feel like writing that kind of nasty comment, take a time out. it will make the forum a nicer place for everyone.

thanks
                            I will attempt to do the same thing myself, QS.
                            It's a lesson that I apparently have to keep learning overandoverandoverandover.

Comment

• Personally i think it's all got out of hand ,let's drop the whole discussion about who said what to whom,and when.

I'm not affended by anything said.

Just the fact that it seems more important than what my original blogg was about ,seems just plain daft!

Violet & griff i take your comments on board & hope my attempts are more clear to understand.

Let's all relax & take deep breaths before anything more is said. Being stressed doesn't help anyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shrinking_Violet View Post
                                That certainly wouldn't be a favour...Kuno - NO BLEACH FOR YOU! We love you here.
                                The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

Working...
                                X