Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAT and PROTEIN

Hi!
    I am new to paleo - two weeks in and I am feeling good, but consuming so much fat, is that going to make me fat?

I have always had a low carb way of eating and I have been gluten and dairy free for years, but always limited my fat consumption.

Also, I am very very active, how much protein should I be consuming?

Thanks, newbie to Paleo!

Yes, you will soon grow fat and die, but you will die happy.

I take it you did not read the PB? It sort of addresses all that.

Comment

If you are active and working out about 1g / lb or 2g/kg of lean body weight seems to the average recommendation. If you are trying to put on a lot of muscle or are pregnant/lactating I would up that a bit.
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by bouldergirl View Post
        Hi!
        I have always had a low carb way of eating ...but always limited my fat consumption.
        How in the world do you eat low carb and low fat?
        The chicken breast diet?

Comment

Yes yes...fat make you fat. That was actually the thesis that the PB was built on.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
            Yes yes...fat make you fat. That was actually the thesis that the PB was built on.
            I don't think there's any reason to make facetious responses to someone's post. This is a place for people to ask questions, don't mock them. We all thought fat made us fat at one point, remember where you came from.
            An avocado a day keeps the doctor away!

Comment

Originally posted by VTmeetsMontréal View Post
              I don't think there's any reason to make facetious responses to someone's post. This is a place for people to ask questions, don't mock them. We all thought fat made us fat at one point, remember where you came from.
              i can no longer take this forum seriously, for a multitude of reasons (bad questions, jack kruse cult, random crap). it's like the wild west on here. i say mock away. this thing is attached to a searchable blog you know... look something up before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by jakey View Post
                i can no longer take this forum seriously, for a multitude of reasons (bad questions, jack kruse cult, random crap). it's like the wild west on here. i say mock away. this thing is attached to a searchable blog you know... look something up before posting.
                I just don't understand the point in mocking someone if the question is such a waste of time? It makes no sense, if it's a bad question just ignore it and let someone else answer it... Asking questions is how people learn.

And to clarify, I don't think the OP is asking if eating fat will make her fat, but rather if eating too much fat could make her gain weight.

So, to answer your question, yes - eating too much of anything will make you gain weight. However, integrating saturated fat (meat, butter, olive oil, coconut oil, avocados) into your diet is nothing that you should fear - it is healthy for you. Watch your calories and you will lose weight.

Comment

In all honesty I thought I was responding to a spam bot.....

So as my real and true answer.....start with this OP http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html
                  Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-02-2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                    In all honesty I thought I was responding to a spam bot.....
                    ...she better not be or I'll just look like an idiot.

Comment

I just don't understand the point in mocking someone if the question is such a waste of time? It makes no sense, if it's a bad question just ignore it and let someone else answer it... Asking questions is how people learn.
                      you're a better human than i am, and i'm rather certain of that.

Comment

Fat only makes you fat if you eat it with something that raises insulin like rice or sweet potatoes. A lower glycemic diet which the PB makes fat easier to eat more of which you should- carbs are what cause weight gain, not fat.

Comment

Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
                          Fat only makes you fat if you eat it with something that raises insulin like rice or sweet potatoes.
                          and sadly, that's just wrong. i eat sweet potatoes with butter every day, and have lost bodyfat doing so. then again i eat yogurt, which you called a "dead food," and i eat carbs in the winter, and i can't understand jack kruse. so maybe we're just from different planets.

Comment

[QUOTE=VTmeetsMontréal;779371]I just don't understand the point in mocking someone if the question is such a waste of time? It makes no sense, if it's a bad question just ignore it and let someone else answer it... Asking questions is how people learn.

And to clarify, I don't think the OP is asking if eating fat will make her fat, but rather if eating too much fat could make her gain weight.

So, to answer your question, yes - eating too much of anything will make you gain weight. However, integrating saturated fat (meat, butter, olive oil, coconut oil, avocados) into your diet is nothing that you should fear - it is healthy for you. Watch your calories and you will lose weight.[/QUOT

Thank you. I will never again participate in the forums. I thought this would be a more supportive group
                            of people. To those making nasty comments- go workout or do something more productive with your time!!

Comment

Hi!
                              I am new to paleo - two weeks in and I am feeling good, but consuming so much fat, is that going to make me fat?
                              Dr Rosedale, a portion of Boston Speech at the Heinz Conference - YouTube

Also, I am very very active, how much protein should I be consuming?

Thanks, newbie to Paleo!
                              Health Correlator: How much protein does one need to be in nitrogen balance?

Comment

Working...
                              X