Kids and Carbs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I expect that eskimos adapted to low carb genetically and epigenetically over the course of many generations. If they were forced to adapt to a short sharp shock, then only a handful of children - those who happened to have genes confering a survival advantage -would have survived, causing a permanent shift in the local gene pool.
    I think Steffansen's accounts tell us pretty well that people in general can adapt to survive just fine on zero-carb diets. I just don't think it's optimal for everybody, and definitely unnecessary for any non-Inuits.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Just like adults, children do NOT need grains but they do well with plenty of carbs. Fruit and tubers are fine. Some rice is OK too, I feed it to my kids, but don't let it be a crutch, as it is the safest grain but it's not completely benign (arsenic, etc.)

Paleo bunny, my research indicates that adults, at least, do just fine if suddenly put on a Inuit-type diet. I just wrote a paper for school with some of this information. Here's a start: The Inuit Paradox | Nutrition | DISCOVER Magazine

Comment

Working...
      X