Cheat meal hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheat meal hell

My wife and I are moving to a new apartment, all the kitchen stuff was packed up, we were tired so decided to exersise a little 80/20 and get some pizza and beer for dinner. I figured what the heck let's live a little. To be exact I had a steak and cheese sub, some pizza and 3 beers over the evening. Ooh boy am I feeling sorry. Stomach hurts, horrible heartburn, belching, food and acid coming up into my mouth. I can't believe I used to eat like this all the time. Can't wait for this to go away. Going to unpack my kitchen stuff at the new place, go food shopping and never ear that crap ever again. Thanks for reading my little rant.

I ate a fair bit chocolate and chips and cheese crackers at a party on Saturday night (you know, over a few hours a fair bit can be put away), and felt ill all Sunday. Like, couldn't sleep sat night, felt hungover Sun morning (in spite of not drinking), and my gut felt sick all day, like I'd irritated my stomach lining.

I am so glad to be two days back into healthy primal eating!

Comment

At the weekend I ate one chocolate biscuit and suffered wind for hours. Won't do that again.

Comment

sweet jesus! that list makes MY stomach hurt, and I didn't eat it.

Comment

Well, see it as a injection of new motivation! In a way, it feels great to see how far your body has come in its de-tox... and you probably won't crave beer or pizza again soon.

Yesterday, I fell off track for the first time in 6 weeks of very clean eating. I had to stay late at the office and pack for a holiday, and the extra stress tipped me over - I ate a whole bag of sweets. Chewy, milky sweets with dairy, although I take dairy very well.

I think the point is that I did not have any grains, gluten or bran... I do not suffer from any medical conditions, and sugary 'candy' seems much easier to digest for me than baked goods. I had the "sugar sweats" for 1/2 hour and ate a big lump of creamed coconut and a leftover beef patty, which must have prevented the sugar crash.

While I don't feel great this morning and certainly don't want to do it again, I feel pretty ok for someone's who's got 3 1/2 hours on top of the binge. I'm very much not hungry, so I think I won't eat until dinner and be fine. Most importantly, I feel fine psychologically - none of that ugly, ugly post-binge spiralling guilt that would probably have got me a few years ago

Comment

Haha, had me some skyline chili coneys with chili cheese fries over the weekend. Gut bomb for at least a couple of days before I felt normal. You know what is sick about a cheat meal for me anyhow, is the noxious sort of addictive response to eat more crap food even though it makes you feel like shyte. Just never get quite right until you have that good Primal meal to get back on track.

Comment

What I find so incredible about reactions to 'cheats' is that this kind of food never did this to me when I was seating SAD. Makes me realize how acclimatized my body must have been. It was probably like living in a war zone, hunkered down, able to take anything that didn't kill me outright. Severed head in my path(chili cheese dog with fake cheese and wheat bun)? I'm still alive, so I'll just kick it out of the way. Bomb exploding right behind me (Halloween candy!)? Hey, I'm still staggering forward! Everything's good. Now my body is living a quiet life in the suburbs: good air, time, resources. If a shelf falls over in the living room, I'm going to react!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                What I find so incredible about reactions to 'cheats' is that this kind of food never did this to me when I was seating SAD. Makes me realize how acclimatized my body must have been. It was probably like living in a war zone, hunkered down, able to take anything that didn't kill me outright. Severed head in my path(chili cheese dog with fake cheese and wheat bun)? I'm still alive, so I'll just kick it out of the way. Bomb exploding right behind me (Halloween candy!)? Hey, I'm still staggering forward! Everything's good. Now my body is living a quiet life in the suburbs: good air, time, resources. If a shelf falls over in the living room, I'm going to react!
                Exactly. Just cause you couldn't perceive the damage doesn't mean you were immune to it....acclimatized is EXACTLY right.

Comment

jesus ... sounds like hell to me

its not my call because we all make our own decisions, but i always viewed the 20% (10% tops in my case) as cheats that are still arguably primal .. more sweet potatoes, more fruit, etc ... not the random stuff like pizza etc..
                  started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

Originally posted by touchdowntodd View Post
                    jesus ... sounds like hell to me

its not my call because we all make our own decisions, but i always viewed the 20% (10% tops in my case) as cheats that are still arguably primal .. more sweet potatoes, more fruit, etc ... not the random stuff like pizza etc..
                    Interesting take, on the 20%!
                    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

yah a few months ago, shortly after going back to eating much more primal than i had, i decided to eat the biscuits i grabbed from bojangles, was just too lazy and didn't feel like wasting the cheese...that was a mistake! holy crap grains kick my butt now more than ever!

i'm still using some ranch and other little things that have crap oil in it, but overall much much better...

always nice to have a reminder though from someone else
                      http://myquest4happiness.blogspot.com/
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread48307.html (journal)

Comment

I wish I had cheat meal hell- I can actually eat pizza and all I get is constipation & mood swings. Maybe stock up on some n-acetyl glucosamine to nuke out some of the wheat damage and remind yourself that you don't want to go through that again.

Comment

I am in the same boat: late night flight, sick, tired, ate a mountain of sugar and 4 slices of bread, and apples, and gods know what else. I am going to fast till I feel light again, and after that I am going to take a break from endless attempts to give up fruit & dairy and have a week or two or however long of fresh fruit and vegetables with some boiled fish and turkey and goat kefir/quark thrown in, and nothing processed, salted or sweetened....

I must confess though that sprout grain bread tasted much nicer than graham crackers to me.
                          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by lssanjose View Post
                            Interesting take, on the 20%!
                            I feel the same way. Typically I'm more 95%/5%. My cheats are usually extra fruit (I generally don't eat fruit during the week). This week it will be a bowl of blueberries with whipped coconut milk (with a bit of vanilla extract) and some 90% dark chocolate.

As for nasty cheats. I fell off the wagon about 5 weeks ago and ate a bunch of candy. I felt nasty afterward. Heart burn, racing heart (I can feel my pulse in my neck), horrible sleep, depression.
                            "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

Comment

I've been chowing down home-made cheesecake for the last 3 days. I only eat the filling and ditch the crust. The filing is pastured eggs, cream cheese and pastured butter from local cows...MAN is that cake GOOD! I keep telling myself that besides the sugar it's actually quite primal and nutritious...

Someone take that cake from me!

Comment

Working...
                              X