Quaker Oats Guy Loses Weight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quaker Oats Guy Loses Weight

No, not Mr. Diabeetus himself Wilford Brimley.

Instead, they decided to slim down their mascot.
    Because of course whole grains are a healthy way to lose weight.

The Quaker Oats Guy Gets a Slimmer New Look | NewsFeed | TIME.com

He’s graced boxes of the hearty breakfast food for decades. Now “Larry” — the cheery, red-cheeked Quaker at the center of the Quaker Oats logo — is getting a little work done.

He’s lost his double chin and facial fat rolls. “We took about five pounds off him,” a designer from Hornall Anderson, the firm behind the redesign, told the Wall Street Journal. His hair has been trimmed to give him a neck, and Larry’s shoulders now show to make him seem strapping. But designers didn’t want a Joan Rivers-style transformation — designers have left his crow’s feet and twinkling eyes in place.

In addition to Larry’s nips and tucks, the logo itself has been revamped to include more red and gold at the bottom. Quaker Oats owner PepsiCo introduced the changes in an effort to make the brand “fresh and innovative,” which might take a bit of doing, given that their product is a dessicated cereal grain.

Their products will still lead to health problems but I think false advertising wins again

Comment

He he. His face is not so red now either, i.e. less inflammation. Thus making it more likely he eats the traditional Scots breakfast of smoked kipper than porridge.
      F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

That is awesome!!!! You know what is funny is that somewhere in some ad firm some guy said "you know your guy on the box is fat and has alcoholic nose right?"

Comment

Comment

hahahahahah. LOVE it!!!

Comment

Lol
              " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

- Vincent Van Gogh

Primal Since January 2011

Comment

IMO, he lost a lot more than 5 lbs.

Comment

NWPrimate that is freaking creepy. Hahaha
                  carl's cave

Comment

Originally posted by carlh View Post
                    NWPrimate that is freaking creepy. Hahaha
                    Just in case anyone got the wrong impression, I want to clarify that I didn't make the dough boy.
                    I wish I had the graphic skills and idea, but I just randomly came across it online.

Comment

Originally posted by NWPrimate View Post
                      But designers didn’t want a Joan Rivers-style transformation — designers have left his crow’s feet and twinkling eyes in place.
                      lol his twinkling eyes

Comment

Don't go changin, to try to please me.

Comment

Working...
                        X