Jiggely Fat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jiggely Fat

I have noticed that my belly fat is going jelly-o on me. First I thought I had just gotten more, but my weight is constant or going slowly down while exercise is the same, so I guess it's just going jiggely! Great!

But then I found a quote from a bodybuilder forum saying that jelly actually is a good thing- the fat is getting looser in preparation for take-off. Stagnat fat is hard, working fat is loose! True? Must be! Right? RIGHT?

I don't know, but I'm noticing the same problem! I've lost a little weight but quite a bit of fat. My abs are finally visible and I'm starting to see a six pack, except for a little fatty pouch right below my belly button. I haven't had kids so it's not because of that, but it's REALLY aggravating.

I've only lost ten pounds so wouldn't think it was "loose skin" but that's what it looks like - a jiggly, deflated little bag. Not sure what to do about it other than continue to reduce bodyfat % and continue strengthening my core.
    "For the great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie—deliberate, contrived, and dishonest—but the myth—persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic ... we enjoy the comfort of opinions without the discomfort of thought."
    ---John F. Kennedy

Comment

Dry skin brushing! Get's the fat moving and tightens the skin.

Comment

I think my fat is also more swim-ringy than before - a neat little ring under the belly button. Brrrr. *shake*

Comment

Hah, I've never heard that before about jelly fat, but I can tell you've I've had mine for a long time when it was not at all preparing for take off! However, I wonder if this has something to do with omentum fat vs. subcutaneous? I know nothing of these things, just throwing it out there.
          28, female, 5'2"
          Went primal 7/28/10: 154 lbs.
          1/12/12: 135 lbs.
          Goal: 120 lbs.

Comment

I've heard that before as well. My fat has always been jiggly but the last of it has been hanging around for a couple years now, lol.

I didn't even know people had hard fat before I read about it here. Sounds weird.
            Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

I'm having the same problem. My belly became very soft and squishy, which by all accounts is a very good thing because it means it's on its way out. However the jiggliness is uncomfortable - it's hard to explain but my skin doesn't like being bent that way when I move.

I'll probably end up needing a tummy tuck in the end because I'll have so much loose skin on my abdomen. Greeeeat.

In other news, though, my batwings and inner-thighs tightened RIGHT up. Oh yeah. *flexxxes*

Comment

Honestly, go to ttap.com, find the forum and search for dry skin brushing. People there have lost tons of weight and many didn't have loose skin because they brushed faithfully. Better than surgery anyday, plus it makes for really soft skin.

Comment

Yeah, I don't like the jiggeling either. For the first time ever, my belly fat chafes on my elbows when I'm driving, and I can feel it wobble against my Tshirt when I walk. Yiiiiikes! It's not that much either, I could still get away with a bikini eg.

so I think I'll start working out then, don't want the jelly. :P

Comment

At a time I was working out really hard, my belly fat felt like coffee beans - hard and round little cells. The trainer said THAT was how it felt before take off. Hmm. Hmmmmmmmm!

Comment

I have an apron (I've got 4 kids, only got the apron from the last one. Love her to bits though ) and sometimes I wish I could sew it up and pull it out my belly button

Comment

Go search for apron on the Ttapp forum. There are many ladies that got pretty much rid of theirs with skin brushing. I'm not going to say this again bc I sound like I own the site, but really. It works!

Comment

Thanks! I've got the site open and will check out the information Wouldn't mind losing the apron

Comment

My fat gets all squishy and soft as it is disappearing. I think it is a good thing

I recently gained a little weight and have been cleaning up my eating. I'm happy to see my belly fat getting squishy this week. Hoping it is on its way out.
                            Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

my belly seems to jiggle more as it gets smaller. *shrugs*

Comment

Working...
                              X