Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So~ What if you're just not into fruit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So~ What if you're just not into fruit?

    I get as far as a squeeze of a lime wedge in my cold beverages, but the rest of the fruits? Well, a few peaches when the tree out back starts ripening, berries in season, melon (but isn't that a veggie?) in the summer, the rest of the stuff~ meh. Unless I crave something, it's just rots in my fridge. I know I'm not the only one that just isn't attracted to fruit.

  • #2
    no law saying you have to eat fruit. you would be the first person i've ever met though that doesn't enjoy fruit, although i'm a bit confused, cause you seem to like peaches, berries and watermelon.

    fruit is fucking awesome, i'd cry without it. but you don't have to eat it; nothing magical.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have a great aunt who refused to eat fruit, everyone thought she was weird. It didn't seem to hurt her any.

      Comment


      • #4
        I like fruit but I don't go out of my way to eat it and I rarely crave it. On occasion I'll feel like eating a banana; in reality, the banana is just a delivery system for peanut butter.
        "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nady View Post
          What ifyou're just not into fruit
          Who said you have to eat fruit? Skip it entirely until/unless you really want it.

          Most of what passes for fruit these days has been selectively bred for high fructose content, has to be grafted rather than grown from a seed, and may be covered in pesticides/waxes/unpleasantries.

          If, on the other hand, you're walking around in/near the woods and find a wild blackberry patch and don't go to town, I think you need to have your head examined.
          The Champagne of Beards

          Comment


          • #6
            I'll eat maybe 5 or 6 peaches over 2 week period, berries a couple of times, maybe a melon wedge when I'm cutting one from the garden (probably more of a QC thing) I don't hate fruit, don't 'refuse' to eat fruits, it's just they're so far off my radar that I never think about it. Except bananas~ OMG they give me heartburn and more!

            Comment


            • #7
              Don't eat it. More for me.
              Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

              My Primal Journal

              Comment


              • #8
                You don't eat it and move on with your day?
                Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

                In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.


                I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

                SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
                CW: 180 pounds

                Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

                Comment


                • #9
                  Apart from strawberries, raspberries, brambles and rhubarb, I can really take it or leave it. Generally I'm really not fussed about fruit - I'll eat it if someone puts it in front of me, otherwise I'm really happy not to eat or buy it. The exception being fresh raspberries and strawberries from our local pick-your-own in the summer (and rhubarb from the garden).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well, this is a paleo board, so you always have to ask how much fruit paleos ate i.e. how much of our physical systems evolved with fruit as a basis for diet. The answer............not much. Damn stuff is only in season once a year for a week or two. How much could anybody have eaten?

                    Most fruits are over sugary, especially the modern industrial breeds. We moderns overeat this stuff like crazy. The less fruit you eat, the better off you probably are.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Nady View Post
                      I get as far as a squeeze of a lime wedge in my cold beverages, but the rest of the fruits? Well, a few peaches when the tree out back starts ripening, berries in season, melon (but isn't that a veggie?) in the summer, the rest of the stuff~ meh. Unless I crave something, it's just rots in my fridge. I know I'm not the only one that just isn't attracted to fruit.
                      Same here. In season stuff can be great, but otherwise just a waste of good egg space in my fridge . No rule saying you have to eat it, or that you don't. I think high fat vs high carb may actually have just as much to do with our own palates as anything else. I personally enjoy fatty meals. My wife, not so much. My kids won't eat potato. To each their own.
                      Last edited by Neckhammer; 03-30-2012, 11:34 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Melons are a fruit, not a veggie. In fact, I bet you eat alot more fruit than you think you do ~ tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, avocado, okra...

                        Anything with a skin, a soft flesh, and a stone or seeds in the middle is a fruit. It doesn't have to be sweet. And really, as long as you have a good variety of plant matter (color and type) in your diet, you're probably in good nutritional shape.

                        Me, I'm the opposite. Sometimes I think I could live on just fruit. I love them almost without exception.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Danielle5690 View Post
                          Melons are a fruit, not a veggie. In fact, I bet you eat alot more fruit than you think you do ~ tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, avocado, okra...

                          Anything with a skin, a soft flesh, and a stone or seeds in the middle is a fruit. It doesn't have to be sweet. And really, as long as you have a good variety of plant matter (color and type) in your diet, you're probably in good nutritional shape.

                          Me, I'm the opposite. Sometimes I think I could live on just fruit. I love them almost without exception.
                          If melons are fruit, then cucumber, zucchini and summer/winter squash are too~ Guess I do eat fruit, just not the sweet ones?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Nady View Post
                            If melons are fruit, then cucumber, zucchini and summer/winter squash are too~ Guess I do eat fruit, just not the sweet ones?
                            Yep, that was my point.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X