What Type of Fat Do You Eat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Type of Fat Do You Eat?

I realize that PB emphasizes fats ( they are our best friends ) but I was wondering if it really makes a difference depending on where you get it from, for example: nuts, avocados, olive & coconut oils & fats from meat. What do you guys usually get the majority of your fats from?

My main source is animal fat. Pork fat is my favorite. Eggs are yummy. Fish too. Bacon, prime rib...

Otherwise, olives, olive oil, avocados, coconut oil.

Mosty animal fat for me though.

Comment

Pork/beef fat have the best fatty acid composition, fish for Omega-3's is good, other animal fats including pastured dairy fat is good, despite not being totally primal-authentic. Eggs, especially free-range eggs, are great.

Coconut oil is my first choice for a non-animal fat. Avocado is pretty good. Chocolate is great as well, mostly good saturated fat and monounsaturated, with very little PUFA.

Nuts tend to have terrible Omega-6:Omega-3 ratios, but among nuts I think macadamia are my favorite. They have a better Omega-3 ratio than most nuts, and the majority of their fat is monounsaturated with a little saturated fat and very little PUFA.

Overall, minimizing PUFAs is my goal when it comes to fats.

Comment

Meats, fish, and eggs. Nuts and avocados and coconut. Olives. Olive, palm, sesame, and coconut oils. I eat bacon only about 2x per week but save the grease for cooking.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

I typically do olive oil and coconut oil to cook with, plus I buy higher fat content meats (much to my mom's chagrin). I like eggs, I eat about 3-5 per day (although I don't know if that is good or not, i am really new) and I like bacon... I eat that at least once per day (once again... is that good? IDK!) I like a handful of nuts per day. Avocados are good but I don't like the texture much so I throw them in stuff sometimes... That's it really.

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

I love chicken skin!!! I could eat it all day long, i dunno if that is weird. But i just finished cooking up some leg quarters, and I was literally scrapping the fat drippings off the bottom, and eating it up! My number two would have two be avocado. I eat them buy themselves when I have the extra money to spear! I just picked some up this week and plan on trying this recipes with them!

http://cavemanfood.blogspot.com/2009...o-pudding.html

Comment

Very very important not to replace animal fats with oils and nutrient-less ones. Long-chain saturated fat and animal-based omega 3s serve many functions and animals contain tons of nutrients. I eat lot of coconut products and olive oil, but I also realize that these fats do not have any nutrients so then I eat about 1000 calories worth of animal flesh a day, a fair amount of it low mercury seafood, and make sure I get my nutrients from other sources as well.

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Beef tallow all the way. Can't beat it.

Comment

One word: BACON

Natural Selection: http://ichoosenaturalselection.wordpress.com

Comment

beef and pork fat, butter, fish, eggs, the very occasional avocado and coconutcream/oil and heavy cream...

challenge yourself
                    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

I gravitate to avocado, macadamias, EVOO, olives, whole eggs, coconut products and fish.

Comment

Gotta love the animal fats. I always find them to be much more satisfying than avocado (which seems to make me hungrier), and coconut oil.

Animal fat is so filling, but I could eat a LOT of coconut oil before feeling as full....

Comment

Over half of my fats are from meat and eggs.

The rest is mostly from coconut oil, olive oil, nuts, or avocado... with maybe 10% coming from cheese, butter, yogurt, and cream (or more, on a bad day - I'm trying to cut down).

"mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

@Iceskater- I noticed that an avocado makes me hungrier too, then i realized 1 avocado =11g of carbs! weird...Make sense if I eat it with a lot of tomatoes, it could end up a 30g carb meal! With toppings alone! No wonder I felt so sleepy..

Natural Selection: http://ichoosenaturalselection.wordpress.com

Comment

Ohh okay, so mostly everyone&#39;s fats are focused around animal fats the thing is, most of the time I can&#39;t really get my hands on organic and grass-fed.. Is it a good idea to still eat the fattier meats? I get in a lot of eggs/avocados but it&#39;s true that animal fats are more filling.

Comment

Working...
                              X