Glucose/Carbohydrate link to cancer growth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glucose/Carbohydrate link to cancer growth

Does anyone here have links to actual studies showing the effect of glucose and/or glucose-starvation on cancer cells? I know I've read in more than one place that cancer cells are extremely glucose-sensitive and require it in large amounts to survive, and in fact are unable to survive on any other source of energy (eg ketones)

This is interestng~

The Sugar-Cancer Link: A Myth? | I Have Cancer. And I've Never Felt Better.

Comment

look up the warburg effect. that's the only reasonable bit of info, beyond the hyperbole. cancer cells can only metabolize glucose; has nothing to do with sensitivity.

to be clear, i think that avoiding glucose in some misguided attempt to avoid cancer is absolute stupidity. a ketogenic diet used as part of a cancer treatment may be effective, but has not been studied enough.

Comment

Originally posted by llewin View Post
        Does anyone here have links to actual studies showing the effect of glucose and/or glucose-starvation on cancer cells? I know I've read in more than one place that cancer cells are extremely glucose-sensitive and require it in large amounts to survive, and in fact are unable to survive on any other source of energy (eg ketones)

Comment

Originally posted by js290 View Post
          Good stuff
          If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Working...
          X