Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slightly annoying video, but may be good to share with others...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly annoying video, but may be good to share with others...

5 Foods To NEVER Eat | Beyond Diet

Unless my browser was acting up, you can't fast-forward through this video, but the information within is pretty good and falls mostly in line with the PB guidelines. I'm pretty sure the 'diet' is paleo, pretty much, but allows for some grain products (millet, rice, pelt.. whatever that is)

Talks about how 'healthy' foods are not healthy and don't let you burn fat; explains how 'sugar' also includes pasta, bread, etc, which many people still don't know about; talks about how 'not all carbs are created equal' and says you can and SHOULD eat tons of fruit/veg, along with starches (specifically mentions sweet potatoes and butter); explains how insulin works; explains how, when you free-up the liver by not eating as much toxins, it can turn to fat burning; explains how counting calories is worthless if you are eating fake food... mostly though, I like it because it talks about getting rid of all processed foods, especially those touted as healthy.

Bonus, the speaker is a woman, and I think women respond better to their own kind, and while a LOT of men need to hear this as well, I find women have a harder time "accepting" that their low-fat yogurt is a waste of time. That's been my experience at least. So this could be a good facebook share, or something to show family members.

I also really like that it doesn't ever present anything as paleo/primal/caveman/etc... so nobody can shut off just based on that.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

lol @ diet soda stopping you from reaching your weight loss goals. Yes, basically 0 calorie chemicals are really doing a number on people's waists!!! And saying you should never eat any particular food, barring an allergy, is just stupid. This is a horrible propaganda filled video.

Comment

Originally posted by jimhensen View Post
      lol @ diet soda stopping you from reaching your weight loss goals. Yes, basically 0 calorie chemicals are really doing a number on people's waists!!! And saying you should never eat any particular food, barring an allergy, is just stupid. This is a horrible propaganda filled video.
      That's way too harsh an interpretation of this video. Sure, it ultimately wants the viewer to contact them to "really get things going" blah blah, which you can't fault them for, but everything they presented was on-point. What's the issue with saying you should never eat splenda for instance? I don't necessarily agree with it (I think it wouldn't do jack-shit if you had it really rarely) but I also don't have a problem if people wanted to never include it.

Comment

I am not impressed with the video but they are right about what constitutes food. I would not call chemically filled, tasteless products food either.
        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
        PS
        Don't forget to play!

Comment

lol @ diet soda stopping you from reaching your weight loss goals. Yes, basically 0 calorie chemicals are really doing a number on people's waists!!!
          As I understand it, the body registers a sweet taste and releases insulin expecting sugar to enter the bloodstream.
          Insulin is released, but the sugar never comes. Blood sugar drops, people get hungry, and eat foot they would not have otherwise consumed.

However, to me, this is a minor concern compared to the nasty excitotoxin effects of aspartame.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
            That's way too harsh an interpretation of this video. Sure, it ultimately wants the viewer to contact them to "really get things going" blah blah, which you can't fault them for, but everything they presented was on-point. What's the issue with saying you should never eat splenda for instance? I don't necessarily agree with it (I think it wouldn't do jack-shit if you had it really rarely) but I also don't have a problem if people wanted to never include it.
            There is no food that is bad enough that eating it occasionally will cause long term health problems if the rest of your diet is in check.

Comment

There is no food that is bad enough that eating it occasionally will cause long term health problems if the rest of your diet is in check.
              I agree, I said that.

However, I maintain that this is a good video for people that don't know anything about nutrition, to at least start questioning whether their so-called healthy food choices are that at all. It doesn't tell US anything new, I also said that.

Comment

lol @ this video

Comment

Good points iniQuity...but I guess it also raises the question that even if a small amount of some `food`isn't harmful ět still begs the question why eat it
                  Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                  PS
                  Don't forget to play!

Comment

good video, pretty much primal diet with inclusion of some safer starches

primal = sweet potato and rice
                    diet in the video = sweet potato, rice, quinoa, sprouted bread

I don't understand why people on paleo diet feel ok about rice, potato and sweet potato as safe starches for active people but shy away from things like quinoa and buckwheat. Are quinoa and buckwheat really that much worse for you than white rice? I find that hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by lardomuncher View Post
                      good video, pretty much primal diet with inclusion of some safer starches

primal = sweet potato and rice
                      diet in the video = sweet potato, rice, quinoa, sprouted bread

I don't understand why people on paleo diet feel ok about rice, potato and sweet potato as safe starches for active people but shy away from things like quinoa and buckwheat. Are quinoa and buckwheat really that much worse for you than white rice? I find that hard to believe.
                      Buckwheat and quinoa are probably better than nuts and seeds.
                      Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Isabel's theories are good on paper, but if you've ever had a look at her meal plans, you'll be put off within a week. She writes her plan as if you're a stay at home mum with all the time in the world on your hands.
                        Starting weight: 90kg (11/3/13) (33.1 BMI)
                        Current weight: 89.5kg (12/3/13) (32.9 BMI)
                        Goal weight: 75kg (27.5 BMI)
                        Short term goal: BMI under 30
                        Mid term goal:
                        40 pushups, 100 situps, 10 pullups, 10.1 beep test, >10m 2.4km run
                        Long term goal: Enlist as an ARA Combat Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Toad View Post
                          Buckwheat and quinoa are probably better than nuts and seeds.
                          Despite the fear of omega 6's on this board there is a TON of research supporting the fact that nuts reduce the risk of heart disease.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                            Good points iniQuity...but I guess it also raises the question that even if a small amount of some `food`isn't harmful ět still begs the question why eat it
                            Because it tastes good? Why would you have sex if you weren't trying to have a baby, right?

Comment

Because it tastes good? Why would you have sex if you weren't trying to have a baby, right?
                              +1
                              I'd rather eat a real slice of pizza once a month than eat "Paleo Pizza" once a week. Not that paleo pizza isn't good, but it still isn't pizza. I can't stand the whole replacing of foods with substitute thing. Low fat and low carb versions of food really, really piss me off. If you're gonna say you aren't gonna eat something because it's bad for you, then you can't have it. Making up an inadequate replacement is only teaching yourself that you can still have that food that is so bad, evil and horrible. Eat the real thing on very rare occasion if you want it. If you don't want it, then don't eat it. But if you completely deprive yourself and make something unrealistically taboo, you'll fail in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                              X