Why am I craving apples?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I craving apples?

Just wondering. I'm very nauseous right now because I ate too much. and I feel like avoiding all foods, inuding bananas. But man I want an apple. Why is this?
    well then

Because your body wants something in the apple, or the taste, texture, and so on is appealing to you. Don't worry about it and eat the apple if you want to.
    Last edited by @lex; 03-26-2012, 02:26 PM.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
      But man I want an apple. Why is this?
      Because apples taste awesome. Have an apple.
      My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

I always crave an apple when I eat too much too! It's weird, I thought I was the only one.

Comment

Because Eve keeps peer pressuring you.

Comment

It is probably the sugar in the apple you are craving

Comment

You are young and still developing, your body is telling you it needs food.
              Achieving goals takes a backbone not a wishbone

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                Because Eve keeps peer pressuring you.
                snort-laughing...

Just eat the damn apple. I promise you'll live, and maybe even enjoy it!
                Durp.

Comment

Yes... have an apple... and enjoy it.
                  I feel badly that you would attach so much thought to an innocent piece of fruit. Maybe you just like apples... I like apples... lots of people like apples... some have been known to say that eating one will keep the doctor away : )

I mean this in the most light-hearted way, and wish you and your apple the best - jv

Comment

If you were craving something really odd, it might be interesting to see if it contained nutrients that are missing from your diet. But, yeah, go ahead and eat one (or more).
                    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Comment

Originally posted by johneeeveee View Post
                      Yes... have an apple... and enjoy it.
                      I feel badly that you would attach so much thought to an innocent piece of fruit. Maybe you just like apples... I like apples... lots of people like apples... some have been known to say that eating one will keep the doctor away : )

I mean this in the most light-hearted way, and wish you and your apple the best - jv
                      Some prominent diet experts have even been known to name their websites after phrases involving apples. Those guys are crazy though, which is why I'm glad to be an active member of Steve's daily porterhouse and it's wonderful forum, right guys?
                      Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
                      CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Comment

Gadsie, I'm just curious. Have you been eating low carb all this time? You mentioned in a prior post that you eat no fruit. There are a lot of minerals, vitamins, phytonutrients and enzymes in fruit. If you haven't eaten fruit at all in a while, it might be you are lacking nutrients from apples. Fruits and vegetables also have an alkalizing effect on your body, whereas meat is acidic, so it's good to eat some fruits and veggies everyday to balance the pH in your body.

I've been banging my head against a wall over and over again telling you over and over again to eat a balanced diet since you are an active fourteen-year old and still developing in ways other than just your height. Also, I saw your pictures and you are *freaking* skinny. So for the love of God, just eat the freaking apples.

Comment

When I was getting away from sugar in the mid 1990s, I craved apples too. Granny Smiths satisfied the craving without making me feel deprived.
                          Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

I just saw your photo. It's beyond ridiculous you're a skinny teenager on marks daily APPLE feeling the need seek approval from us regarding eating a damn apple. Eat 10 of them if you feel like it.
                            Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 03-27-2012, 02:36 AM.

Comment

I love apples. I have one a day
                              To Err Is Human
                              To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              My Journal
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              SW~220
                              CW~136
                              GW-125

Comment

Working...
                              X