Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to go into ketosis soon after eating carbs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to go into ketosis soon after eating carbs?

Worked out in the early afternoon and come home around 4pm to eat dinner, which included 1/2lb of sweet potato. 2 hours later and my breath was funky, all sour/metally like ketosis? Can that ever happen? I don't even know if I am in ketosis or not.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Sweet potatoes vary greatly in size, but an average on has about 20-45g carbs.
    If you only ate half of one, and had been in ketosis prior to eating it, I think it's very possible that it could continue.

I've noticed similar results when eating just a small portion of carbs and have scratched my head when people talk about one apple or a few almonds knocking them out of ketosis. I guess everyone is different, so I wouldn't rule it out either way.

Comment

Is there another way of knowing you're in ketosis without ketostix or breath? I'm not even sure if my breath is a result of ketosis.

And I actually ate 1/2lb of a sweet potato. I think that's in the ballpark of 70g or so carbs?
      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
        And I actually ate 1/2lb of a sweet potato. I think that's in the ballpark of 70g or so carbs?
        Whoops. I guess I need to slow down when reading posts.
        I guess that makes it less likely, but still possible.

Comment

Working...
        X