Raw Milk Fast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw Milk Fast

Thinking about doing this... raw milk fast for 10-14 days. Thoughts?

The Milk Cure 2012

Real Milk Cures Many Diseases, by Dr. J.R. Crewe

bunk. the benefits of a fast are autophagy, and increased growth hormone levels. this will provide neither. nor is raw milk a 'cure for anything.'

Comment

Now, the 10-14 day chocolate raw milk fast... that's the real deal!
      "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Meh... not really a fast... fast is by definition non-caloric. But it won't hurt anything either IMO. Masai pretty much live on the stuff.
        Personally I'd use a good fatty milk like Jersey or Guernsey though.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fernaldo View Post
          Now, the 10-14 day chocolate raw milk fast... that's the real deal!
          I require moar information about your philosophy, do you have a pamphlet, pod cast, e-book or other info-product that I may trade you whore diamonds for?

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
            Meh... not really a fast... fast is by definition non-caloric. But it won't hurt anything either IMO. Masai pretty much live on the stuff.
            Personally I'd use a good fatty milk like Jersey or Guernsey though.
            You are forgetting what makes it all work for the Masai. It's milk+BLOOD!

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
              You are forgetting what makes it all work for the Masai. It's milk+BLOOD!
              Meh... for 10 days I'm pretty sure the blood part isn't an issue.

Fresh blood can be tasty stuff though. I'd be all for adding some myself if I were doing it. (Most people are too squeamish for blood though.)
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                Meh... for 10 days I'm pretty sure the blood part isn't an issue.

Fresh blood can be tasty stuff though..)
                Blaspheme.

BLOOD is always the issue.

...and yes, it's nutritious and delicious.

Comment

Interesting~ hope you report your experiences if you do this.

Comment

Has anyone been following Richard Nikoley's raw milk fast (Free the Animal)? As I understand it, he has lost over 15 pounds and found it easier than the potato hack.

Is anyone doing this?
                    2005 Low Carb - lost @ 80 pounds slowly, avg 15 pounds per year
                    2010 Paleo Diet
                    2013 Stephan Guyenet Low Food Reward/Seth Roberts Shangri-La with MCT Oil

Last 40 pounds lost with protein-sparing modified fasts, potato hack, and low food reward/Shangri-La Diet with MCT oil.

Now down 120+ pounds lost

Comment

I find the addition of "fad" type diets to the primal world a bit disconcerting. It makes me wonder if we are just all bored of the primal diet or if maybe it's just not working for many, so they feel the need to try something new.

The raw milk diet will work like most restrictive, crash diets. You will lose a bunch of weight and then you will gain it all back, and likely more, when you stop the diet. Now, raw milk is very nutritious and will fulfill your daily requirements of a lot of things, so it's way better than a cabbage or juice diet, but it's still just a crash diet that you have no chance of staying on.

So if the goal is to lose 10 lbs before a vacation or wedding, I say go for it, it's as good as any crash diet and probably more nutritious. If the goal is to lose weight and keep it off, i'd venture it's a waste of time.

Comment

I'm sure it works JUST like the potato hack. Mono-food diets tend to have that effect. Yay for fad diet jumping! Richard quits drinking and adds potato... Like magic he loses weight! Must be the tators power! Now he goes on an all liquid diet and bam weight loss..... MMmmmmmmagic!

Comment

Richard claims the all milk diet has actually made him not want to drink, that he feels crappy if he tries. I thought that part was interesting. He cited some studies saying that the more fully nourished a body is, the lower one's tolerance for alcohol is. That is the same as my experience with Primal eating. I can't and don't want to drink the way I used to.

He refers to the all milk thing as an "intervention" and as a "reset" meaning that it is a tool to get yourself back on track. I think it might have some merit from that perspective.

As hacks go, I think it is better than spuds because at least you are getting your protein and fat with milk. I really like Canuck's steak and eggs one the best, though.

Comment

I've been thinking about doing a fat fast for a few days, just to see how I feel, on nothing but heavy cream. I'm ADDICTED to the stuff lately... I rushed through an exam today to get to the store and get my hands on some. probably not wise, but anyway...

obviously cream probably has far fewer nutrients than milk, so probably not as healthy in the long run. OP, did you end up trying the milk fast, and if so, what were your results?

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                              I'm sure it works JUST like the potato hack. Mono-food diets tend to have that effect. Yay for fad diet jumping! Richard quits drinking and adds potato... Like magic he loses weight! Must be the tators power! Now he goes on an all liquid diet and bam weight loss..... MMmmmmmmagic!
                              You read his new resistant starch kick? Lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X