How do you feel about FAT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about FAT

There has been many posts about carbs, but how do you guys feel about FAT.

Stuffing yourself with coconut cream and meat fat/bacon.

VS.

Getting fat from avocados, fish, olive oil, eating only lean meats.

Or somewhere in between?

You want 95% of your fat intake to be saturated fat. Not going to get that from plant sources.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I feel fine about it, seem to be healthier from increased saturated fat. The key is to get the carbs out............

Comment

I've added some coconut oil to my diet but other than that I haven't added much fat to my diet. I didn't eat low fat before, but I'm not into eating high fat either. I don't like fatty, greasy foods like bacon. Trying to eat chicken skin, or the fat on a steak, grosses me out. I don't limit my fat but I'm not going to force myself to eat fat I don't want, either.

Comment

love it .. in many forms ... some fatty meats, some other sources etc
          started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
            You want 95% of your fat intake to be saturated fat. Not going to get that from plant sources.
            How the hell do you do that without eating just coconut?

Comment

Originally posted by mmsantos View Post
              How the hell do you do that without eating just coconut?
              Butter, heavy cream, fatty lamb chops, ribeye steaks, ground beef...

Now you have me headed to the fridge.

Comment

I'm personally finding that maximising saturated fat and omega 3 is the way to go.
                F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

I don't really worry about it in any way, honestly.

I am probably closer to the second in that category. Even so, I manage about 45% calories from fat.

Comment

I don't worry either. Similar intake for me.
                    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

I am still experimenting, but so far I feel I do best on a good amount of animal proteins (mainly beef and eggs), with cooking done in Kerrygold (and/or coconut oil), heavy cream in my coffee, and omega 3 from supplements (since I can not stand fish in any form). Secondary fat sources of avocado, macadamia nuts, and coconut milk, but only when I feel 'in the mood' for them. Anything less than 3-4 eggs and 10-16 oz of meat on a given day and i don't feel quite right.
                      “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ―Bruce Lee

2012: 01/17 238~34% | 03/17 215~28%| 5/17 196~24% | 8/22 188 ~20% (then I got lazy)
                      2013: 1/27 190~20%

Comment

Originally posted by lardomuncher View Post
                        There has been many posts about carbs, but how do you guys feel about FAT.

Stuffing yourself with coconut cream and meat fat/bacon.

VS.

Getting fat from avocados, fish, olive oil, eating only lean meats.

Or somewhere in between?
                        Yes.
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by NWPrimate View Post
                          Butter, heavy cream, fatty lamb chops, ribeye steaks, ground beef...

Now you have me headed to the fridge.
                          Beef fat is roughly 50% mono-unsaturated fat, with butter slightly lower. It's basically impossible to just consume only saturated fat without eating just coconuts lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X