Pineapple

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pineapple

I have a can of pineapple staring at me that I would LOVE to gobble down, but I'm afraid that it'll set the ball rolling for an insulin rollercoaster and cause me to overeat tonight. Or make me hungry the rest of the day. Not to mention it'll put me over my 50 carb goal. Thoughts?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I would wait till temps are consistently above 75 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
      I would wait till temps are consistently above 75 degrees.
      What???

Comment

forget the temperature junk. if pineapple will make you overeat, you should avoid it, but the carbs in a piece of pineapple are not a problem. canned pineapple tends to be packed in syrup, and in general fresh is a better bet.

Comment

Originally posted by jakey View Post
          forget the temperature junk. if pineapple will make you overeat, you should avoid it, but the carbs in a piece of pineapple are not a problem. canned pineapple tends to be packed in syrup, and in general fresh is a better bet.
          I get the stuff packed in 100% pineapple juice.

Comment

I eat pineapple all the time. It has never made me binge. But I'm not you.

What is more important? Staying under 50 carbs or enjoying a food that is allowed on the program? It's just pineapple- not rat poison. What if you eat it, it's good, you enjoy it and don't binge?

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
            Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Perhaps more useful- try cooking with the pineapple- I enjoy chicken or fish with a salsa of mango, tomatoe and avocado- that way you get fat and protein with it.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
              Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Not sure what your take on dairy is, but you could also mix a little in some cottage cheese in effort to not eat the entire can.
                "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Have it for dessert!

Comment

Open the can. Divide into small portions. Eat one or use in a recipe that will de-emphasize the sweetness. Freeze the rest in small sandwich bags for later use or in coconut pina-colada or fake Orange Julius smoothie.
                    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

As it turns out, my satiety caught up with me and I didn't end up eating the pineapple afterall. I think maybe it was my mind craving the sugar.

Comment

I love pineapple Jenn. I don't eat it often or any fruit for that matter, but of all the options out there I think fruit is the one I worry about the least

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                          Perhaps more useful- try cooking with the pineapple- I enjoy chicken or fish with a salsa of mango, tomatoe and avocado- that way you get fat and protein with it.
                          ^ This. Yum!
                          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

You answered your own question. If you are worried about binging because of pineapple, then don't eat it! Otherwise enjoy a little pineapple and relax. The only one who can put food past your lips is YOU. You can control this. It is up to you and nobody else. I get that a lot of people on here have some sort of eating disorder or problem. It is readily apparent. I sincerely feel for anyone who struggles with such things. That said, my advice to anyone in a such a place is this; you know what the problem is and you know what the solution is in most cases. Do what you have to do to make it happen! You got to a bad place by not doing the right things. If you didn't know the right way that is ok and now its time to fix it.

In any case, anyone reading this, please take responsibility for your health and well being. Nobody else will!! It may be tough at first but it will empower you like you never thought possible!!! I know because I had to do it for myself. I AM a FAT person living in a healthy, muscular, fit body. I made up my mind that this is who I am! I made it a reality. Anyone out there can do the same! I don't care who it is. You can do it and once you realize that there is nothing that can stop you but you yourself, it is a cakewalk. I want to see people get there more than anything.

Comment

Eat the damn pineapple!!! eat as much as fruit as you care for, it doesnt make you fat

Comment

Working...
                              X