So so tired. :0(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So so tired. :0(

During my first few weeks going Paleo, I had more energy than Ive had since a child. However, 10 weeks on and Im so tired I could sleep forever.
    Where could I be going wrong?

My typical day is 70% fat, 17% carbs, 13% protein.
    Ive not been in ketosis for about 3 days now and dont understand why.

Id be grateful for any ideas on this.
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

What is your sleep, sun exposure, and stress like? And how do you know you're not in ketosis anymore, because a stick didn't change color? Remember, eventually you body learns to burn all those ketones and they won't be spilling out in your urine.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

How many grams of Fat, Carb and Protein are you eating? Maybe it is time to drop VLC and add carbs. I have had to up my carbs to 75-100g / day to feel well again. I eat about 100g fat, 75+g carb and 80+g protein.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

What do you eat? Are you getting enough of everything? Are you getting enough magnesium, salt and potassium? If you are trying to go low carb, you can't really do it without magnesium, salt and potassium, at least not within the first couple of months. There's a classic moment about 2 months in where you crash if you haven't been supplementing because you've released a lot of stored water weight and flushed out your sodium, potassium and magnesium.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

+1
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
            What do you eat? Are you getting enough of everything? Are you getting enough magnesium, salt and potassium?
            I take magnesium supplements every day, including a good vit supplement and a Kelp one.
            Im not sure I've lost a lot of water weight as my weight has gone up half a stone since I started, though I have slimmed down!
            Im just so so so tired.

Comment

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
              What is your sleep, sun exposure, and stress like? And how do you know you're not in ketosis anymore, because a stick didn't change color? Remember, eventually you body learns to burn all those ketones and they won't be spilling out in your urine.
              I sleep like a log (10 hours at night). Not a huge amount of sun exposure cos I live in England. Stress pretty low at the moment.
              My ketones are checked via a blood monitor and is stuck at 0.1.

Comment

How much exercise are you getting? I felt like this when exercising and going too low carb. Why do you think you arent in ketosis with your VLC diet?
                Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Yes I find that I need to eat more carbs a few days a week.

What is your exercise schedule like? A lot of times people jump in head first and they are doing way too much. At first it feels great, like a high. Energy levels skyrocket. Eventually it catches up to them and overtraining/burnout start to set in. It is very understandable to think that you've got to do a lot to get in shape and that more is better.

This could explain your situation but I'd need more info.

Comment

You need salt and potassium, too. That anti-salt stuff is CW talking. Don't listen to it. Are you eating enough calories?
                    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                      You need salt and potassium, too. That anti-salt stuff is CW talking. Don't listen to it. Are you eating enough calories?
                      The magneisum supp is also potassium. Im sure I eat enough calories, about 2750 a day on average.
                      Due to hip problems I dont do a lot of exercise but do a bit of walking when I can.

Comment

Sounds like you're eating very low calorie. I am extrapolating this from another thread where you said you were only eating 20 g of carbs a day. Just doing a rough calc in my head it works out that you're eating under 1000 calories a day. If that's true, then you're not eating nearly enough protein either.
                        Last edited by paleo-bunny; 03-22-2012, 07:46 AM. Reason: grammar
                        F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

If your not getting a lot of sun, I would look at your vitamin D levels. Fatigue is a common symptom of D deficiency.
                          My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                            If your not getting a lot of sun, I would look at your vitamin D levels. Fatigue is a common symptom of D deficiency.
                            +1

Here in Ohio you almost have to take a Vitamin D supplement to avoid the wintertime blues.
                            Started 9/15/11 at 323 pounds
                            2/16/13 at 241 pounds
                            Goal is 223 pounds or less

Comment

If you are in New England today getting sun isn't that hard ahhhhhhhhh this is such an awesome day thank you god
                              Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Working...
                              X