Teeth staining

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teeth staining

I've been eating primal since late January and I've now noticed staining on the tops of my teeth (nowhere else) that I never had before....ever!

I brush & floss daily, just like I've always done. I use Tom's natural toothpaste with no fluoride. I had my last dentist cleaning done in October, 2011.

I have added several supplements since going primal that I didn't use before & wonder if they may have something to do with it? Daily, they are: 333mcg Magnesium Citrate, 10,000iu of Vitamin D3, 100 mcg of Vitamin K2, 500mcg of Iodine.(kelp tablets)

Anyone know what could be causing this staining?
    Last edited by Hoosierdaddy; 03-20-2012, 06:41 PM.
    Heaviest: 1-22-2012 = 203 lbs, of being skinny fat, beginning PB
    Current: = 182 lbs. 14% body fat.
    Goal: 175 lbs. was made in April 2013.

Have you been including plenty of vegetables in your diet, particularly some raw ones you can chew? I found having some raw cucumber and celery in salads (big chrunchy peices you can chew) made a noticable difference to teeth whiteness.

Comment

Turmeric? Curry? Green juices? Coffee and tea?

All sorts of natural foods could cause it.
      SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
      “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Comment

Do you drink coffee?

Once I started drinking coffee with no cream, I started to get staining.

Now, I drink iced coffee (no cream), and it seems to have solved the problem...

Comment

I'm eating loads of cooked veggies, including some raw ones, daily. Mostly carrots from my garden. Regarding coffee, I've drank it for YEARS with no staining effect on my teeth. I hate tea.

My wife works at a Dr. office and someone there told her that it very well could be the berry-pomegranite flavored Mio Water Enhancer that I've drank for about 1 month. (Wanted to wean myself from sodas....I know, I know...Mio is artificial crap!) I did find out that Mio contains TWO artificial sweeteners, contains THREE different dyes and....wait for it....propylene glycol, which is a solvent! GAWD, I can't believe Kraft is marketing this stuff!

I couldn't find out too much "official" information on it, but the comments down in this blog sure say a lot!
          Foodette Reviews: MiO Liquid Water Enhancer
          Heaviest: 1-22-2012 = 203 lbs, of being skinny fat, beginning PB
          Current: = 182 lbs. 14% body fat.
          Goal: 175 lbs. was made in April 2013.

Comment

“Turmeric? Curry? Green juices? Coffee and tea? All sorts of natural foods could cause it.”

I agree. I used to include green juices in my diet before I gave birth and I noticed that my teeth turned greenish. I tried some remedy (like hydrogen peroxide and baking soda) which was suggested by my neighbour, but none of that stuff really works well. So what I did was, I went to my dentist (Dr. David S. Frey), spent a little extra money and had them bleach. The greenish stain vanished and my teeth’s natural colour seems restored.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosierdaddy View Post
              I use Tom's natural toothpaste with no fluoride.
              I used it for years after learning about the horrors of fluoride and my dental health went down the drain. I've since switched to a regular toothpaste and my teeth are looking a lot better. It could be coincidence, maybe it's something else. But just like hippy-dippy deodorant, sometimes the healthy option might just be useless crap.

Comment

Skip the Mio.

You might carbonated water as a replacement. I love my home carbonator (soda stream).
                What have you done today to make you feel Proud?

Comment

Working...
                X