Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haven't gained...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Haven't gained...

    Since going on Paleo I have actually tired to gain weigh, and have lost a pound.... Weighing myself in the mornings I have consistently been at 167 and recently I dropped to 166.. that has been consistant. Since strength training I changed my goals to gain weight and still have not. I attribute this perhaps to keeping my carbs under 100...

  • #2
    have you been taking measurements? you might just be losing a lot of fat you didn't know about, while still building muscle. upping the carbs, particularly on lifting days should help, but you also want to increase your calories...like, a lot.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by driftwood View Post
      Since going on Paleo I have actually tired to gain weigh, and have lost a pound.... Weighing myself in the mornings I have consistently been at 167 and recently I dropped to 166.. that has been consistant. Since strength training I changed my goals to gain weight and still have not. I attribute this perhaps to keeping my carbs under 100...
      Don't feel bad. Your're not the only one.... I haven't gained an ounce since going paleo. At least I feel better, since I can't tolerate carbs and gluten, but man getting enough calories is a bitch! Try a whey supplement and make blend it with coconut milk and fruit. Delish. Didn't work for me but might work for you.

      Comment


      • #4
        Try this
        ad astra per aspera

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by primalrob View Post
          have you been taking measurements? you might just be losing a lot of fat you didn't know about, while still building muscle. upping the carbs, particularly on lifting days should help, but you also want to increase your calories...like, a lot.
          Thanks yeah that's the hard part, is figure out how to up the cals. Just weight... My overall physique has definitly improved, my biceps are bigger and chest area etc. Some people have commented so that's good enough for me

          Comment


          • #6
            thanks!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SGRhapsodos View Post
              Don't feel bad. Your're not the only one.... I haven't gained an ounce since going paleo. At least I feel better, since I can't tolerate carbs and gluten, but man getting enough calories is a bitch! Try a whey supplement and make blend it with coconut milk and fruit. Delish. Didn't work for me but might work for you.
              Thanks!!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by driftwood View Post
                Thanks yeah that's the hard part, is figure out how to up the cals. Just weight... My overall physique has definitly improved, my biceps are bigger and chest area etc. Some people have commented so that's good enough for me
                Are your abs showing?
                Are you lifting more weight/more reps? Both? You might need to increase the carbs.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by driftwood View Post
                  Thanks yeah that's the hard part, is figure out how to up the cals. Just weight... My overall physique has definitly improved, my biceps are bigger and chest area etc. Some people have commented so that's good enough for me
                  Sounds like you're on the right track! I gained about twenty pounds in the past year since I started lifting heavy and eating 3,000+ calories per day. I now fluctuate between 165 and 170 pounds, but my physique is consistently improving.

                  DEFINITELY up your carb intake. On workout days, I eat anywhere from 200 to 300 grams of carbs, sometimes even more. Sweet potatoes, potatoes, sprouted brown rice, and fruit do the trick for me. Make sure your protein intake is adequate (about one gram per pound of bodyweight) and make sure you eat over 3,000 calories every day, especially on workout days.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ummm yeah I think the first 4... the lower part is not so nice.. that is also what I am trying to get, a nice sexy abpack...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      oh my, that is a lot of food. I work out three times a week. then the other days are light cardio.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My main worry in eating so much is that it will go to my gut

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Getting a six pack and putting on muscle are kind of opposite goals. You technically can do both at the same time, it's just makes for slow progress. If you want to put on muscle you have to eat which will result in some fat gain. Focus on one or the other. I would personally go for bulk and then lean down to the six pack. 3000+ calories on lifting days with 300 grams of carbs. Maintenance on non-lifting with normal primal diet.
                          "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            yeah, that is kinda what I am figuring... THey are opposing forces.

                            300 grams of carbs, wow... that is like overload haha..


                            Thanks!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Will bulking be primarily muscle and some fat?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X