Lets talk Carb Blockers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets talk Carb Blockers

I hope Im not in Troll country here, but what is the census of opinion on Carb Blocker pills?
    Just wondering if a few weeks of these would jolt my system out of its weight loss plateau.
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

your lips should be the only carb blocker you use. i think a big part of living primally in today's world is about building up your will power to avoid the grains and other bad carbs. carbohydrates are good though...you don't want to block them completely. just follow the 10 primal laws and you won't have any trouble with weight loss.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I wouldn't take them- my digestion is too important to me.
      Lifting Journal

Comment

i'm proud to say i have no clue what a carb blocker is.

you need to come away from the 'carbs are so evil, i need a carb blocker just to be at a healthy weight' mentality. that's crazy talk, my friend.

Comment

Why not spend on primal food instead?

Comment

Have you ever tried Intermittent Fasting? I and many others here use it regularly, and it often helps people break through plateaus.

If this is unfamilar, search some of Mark's blogs on IF, and check out the Leangains site, which has A LOT of good info:
            The Leangains Guide | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

Comment

I have no clue what a carb blocker is, but any man made pill that's advertised as blocking a macro-nutrient is likely pure bullshit and bad for you.
              Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
              CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Comment

I agree with Dr. Kruse, carbs are very aging about 3/4 of the year.
                Originally posted by jakey View Post
                i'm proud to say i have no clue what a carb blocker is.

you need to come away from the 'carbs are so evil, i need a carb blocker just to be at a healthy weight' mentality. that's crazy talk, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
                  I agree with Dr. Kruse, carbs are very aging about 3/4 of the year.
                  oh certainly, for that 3/4 of the year, they're super duper aging, but for 1/4 of the year, they're super duper fountain of youth.

magic hocum.

Comment

remember there is no magic pill. Losing weight can be a pain in the hiney, try not to get frustrated and hang in there. I know I have plateaued and am looking into IFing with fast 5.
                    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

I could see a carb blocker actually being dangerous and on a diet of whole primal foods that light on the primal carbs.
                      http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

The reason I ask is that Im on a Ketogenic diet for epilepsy control but also going paleo along the way. i.e. no grains, clean living etc. I find it hard to keep my carbs down low enough to keep me in ketosis.
                        I know paleo is not low calorie as such - Ketogenic Diet is.
                        I just wondered what the opinions of you guys was / were!
                        I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Comment

Are you tracking your carbs or using ketostix? If it's the latter, you might be so keto adapted that you no longer spill ketones into your urine. If it's the former, you just gotta exercise a little willpower or maybe try fasting. After all, eating nothing is about as low carb as you can get.
                          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

If you're supposed to be on a ketogenic diet for epilepsy, I don't understand why you can't keep your carbs low enough. You don't 'need' carbs for anything. Personally, I rarely eat more than 20g carbs a day and most of the time closer to 10g. I'm really confused as to why you have a problem restricting carbs.

I also doubt very much that 'carb blockers' would help you achieve the ketosis you need for your epilepsy.

Comment

Originally posted by emmie View Post
                              If you're supposed to be on a ketogenic diet for epilepsy, I don't understand why you can't keep your carbs low enough. You don't 'need' carbs for anything. Personally, I rarely eat more than 20g carbs a day and most of the time closer to 10g. I'm really confused as to why you have a problem restricting carbs.

I also doubt very much that 'carb blockers' would help you achieve the ketosis you need for your epilepsy.
                              I hope you are eating a lot of organ meats and bone broths to get the nutrients you need if you are that low. You can eat a fair amount of fibrous veggies and be in ketosis.
                              Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Working...
                              X