We are planning our 31-day Primal experiment, beginning March 1st. There's myself, 24 y/o female, my 40 y/o hubby, and our 18 month old son.
I just have a few questions that I need ironed out before we start.
1. Calcium. How can I get my son (who at 18 mos. probably won't get into fresh kale, what with a lack of molar teeth) enough digestable calcium, without introducing dairy? He currently breastfeeds twice a day, and eats cheese at least once a day.
2. Soy. Is that cool? Not too much, because of the estrogen factor, I'm sure... but is it okay to have the occasional edamame or soy milk?
3. Flax. That's a grain, and a no-no, right?
4. Hemp. Particularly hemp milk. Is that cool?
5. Primal sweets: Honey's ok, how about agave nectar? molasses? maple syrup? Of course all in moderation, but I'm trying to appease a baby's palette. ^_^
Thanks so much, MDA-ers!