Mark doesn't like sugar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark doesn't like sugar

Mark does not like sugar nor advocate it -- Why does he use sugar and creamer EVERY DAY in his coffee? Not very primal? So is sugar OK but in moderation? Advise.

Originally posted by Chrisf12 View Post
    Mark does not like sugar nor advocate it -- Why does he use sugar and creamer EVERY DAY in his coffee? Not very primal? So is sugar OK but in moderation? Advise.
    1 teaspoon of sugar? If you go out and grab a cup of coffee, your option are black, sugar or chemical sweetener. One packet of white sugar isn't going to hurt anyone. It's when one packet becomes four, and one cup of coffee turns into three, and before you know it you're eating 12 teaspoons of processed white sugar a day.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

The average american consumes 22 teaspoons of sugar per day (not to mention the 71 lbs of high fructose corn syrup per year). Mark has 1 tsp per day in a cup of coffee and no high fructose corn syrup. He says it is about enjoying life. Primal eating can be flexible on some things - especially if you are active and healthy.
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Mark is not the messiah

(altogether now: he's a very naughty boy!)

The spoon of sugar is his 10% or 20% or whatever the wiggle room is.
        He's not saying YOU have to take sugar....

Comment

yeah Mark's just proving he's human and definitely more evolved than a spambot, LOL!
          F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

The cool thing is that YOU can choose not to eat sugar! :-) Mark does not come to your house and make you eat it. Nor does he come stop you from buying it at the grocery. He just tells you what is up with it. Up to you to decide what to put in your body.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
            Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

I'm often reminded, "it won't kill ya..." 1 tsp is harmless, in my mind.
              If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Mark is where he wants to be, 4g of carb fits within his daily total for maintainance.
                My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisf12 View Post
                  A little sugar, or really even a moderate amount of sugar won't hurt many people who are healthy and active. Some it will. Do what is best for you.
                  Lifting Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Silky View Post
                    Mark is where he wants to be, 4g of carb fits within his daily total for maintainance.
                    I sense a slight in this post... Mark just believes in being ketoadapted; and I don't think he's the carbophobe people have been painting him to be....
                    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

I don't think most people dislike sugar; I think most dislike the effects of a diet high in empty sugar calories. I think sugar and other sweeteners are flavor enhancers like salt and black pepper. A little sprinkle in or on foods isn't huge deal; Downing pixie sticks is.
                      | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                        I don't think most people dislike sugar; I think most dislike the effects of a diet high in empty sugar calories. I think sugar and other sweeteners are flavor enhancers like salt and black pepper. A little sprinkle in or on foods isn't huge deal; Downing pixie sticks is.
                        I don't know what my siblings, and I saw in those, but downed them as kids.... Those, and pop rocks..

Comment

1 tsp, 6g of empty calories is harmless. It's certainly better than AS.
                          Consider a bottle of coke has over 60g of sugar.

Comment

1 tsp of sugar is a very tiny amount. I'd be more concerned about the daily cup of coffee. Neither is going to harm you really, but I would advise people to replace the coffee with a cup of non-caffeine herbal tea.

When I was a coffee drinker I hated teas, but that was because the strong coffee flavor was demanding more of itself and crowding out the tea flavor. Once I purged my system of caffeine and coffee flavor, I started to appreciate the flavor of herbal teas. In the same way that once I broke my sugar habit, I began to experience the natural sweetness of fruits, which I hadn't liked before.

Besides the fact that herbal teas are non addictive, their big advantage over coffee is that coffee is a mono nutrient. Replacing it with herbal tea is a huge opportunity to ingest an almost endless variety of plants.

Comment

I've gravitated towards tea (loose leaf), recently. But, I won't turn down a good-tasting cup of local coffee.

Comment

Working...
                              X