Planning a fast~ anyone interested?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all~
    Slept like a log last night (much needed) and woke raring to go (unusual for me) But I'll take it!! This morning, I made a small (8) batch of pickled eggs~ tasty snacking next week Thinking they might be good in Scotch Eggs instead of regular HB eggs, maybe use gr. beef instead of sausage?

Why does it seem I have so much more energy when I fast? Or maybe it's just a 'primal' leftover~ Grok can't catch the beast if he's lethargic from lack of food~

Comment

• Just came off of a 20 hour fast. Was going to go longer but I didn't feel like it was going to be good any longer. Broke the fast with a lot of steak, and a cup of vegetables, as well as a tall glass of milk.

I haven't felt this good in a long time. I guess I am in the Fast-5 mode. I did feel really tired right after eating, but a quick 5-minute laying down on my bed and I felt a burst of energy. I'm going to try this Fast-5 throughout this week and maybe do a longer fast on the weekend.
      "Carbs are the victim, not the crime" - ChocoTaco

Comment

• That is awesome! The week before, I was able to do several 24's.

I was on vacation last week, and we shared a cabin with my brother and his wife, both breakfast eaters. DH usually leaves early so I am able to skip breakfast easy at home. Well on vacation, I did got off my normal routine a couple of days, but then there were other days that I was still able to IF until lunch time. Most nights, we ate at the cabin so I was able to eat Primal most nights.

But I had a margarita on two of the nights that we went back out after dinner. I had a bun a couple of times for lunch I think. I did resist all desserts even on the buffet. We had to stay at a hotel to and from our destination (Sturgis) so I resisted the donuts and waffles with the free breakfast and opted for the boiled eggs. So I tried to be good when I could, but didnt stress it when I was not so good. It resulted in a 2.2 gain over 9 days, but I am not tripping. I had steak last night and Friday night and it tends to stick around a bit longer. I also had the time of my life!

Will see where the week takes me. DH is home for a couple more days, and the kids will be back in school come Thursday. It is easier for me to do the longer fasts when there are not so many ppl around (ppl I have to cook for)
        65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

• Bumping this thread.

I'm starting to think about fasting again. The outside stress (money and job related) that I was going through are over (yay!) and not only do I have control over what I can eat again, but I feel mentally able to do a fast. I got back on primal after some very NON-primal eating during our difficult times, and it has been great. Feeling better physically, mentally, and emotionally.

I am planning to do some casual IF through the end of the year, and then get back on my schedule of one longer (2-4 days) fast each month. Given the very traditional 'time-to-start-over' time of year coming up, I thought I would do my first fast beginning January 1, 2013.

My main interest in fasting is autophagy, but I'll happily take any weight loss that goes along with it.

Anyone interested in joining in?

Comment

• If my current fast goes according to plan, then I likely won't be in any position to fast again come January 1st, but I wish you the best of luck and hope to read some updates!

Comment

• Hey, Sabine. I might be up for this. I am eating through all the remaining stuff in my pantry and seeing how long I can NOT go to the grocery store in anticipation of moving some time early next year. (Downsizing from a huge house to an apartment). By Jan 1 there will be very little left around to be tempting. I'm not putting my house on the market until Feb 1 so January will be a bit of a "limbo" month for me. May as well get something productive done.

How many days were you thinking of going for?

Comment

• I would be game also. I had wanted to incorporate a 3-day per month. And I also wanted to do a 7-10 day each season. And I havent done anything long term for a number of months, so I am due
                65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

• On this topic of fasting, is it recommended if you have been diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue? I'm concerned about added cortisol...

Comment

• 4.5 Days is my longest fast and it was ok. Only water and one cup of tea a day. Its amazing how cold you get.
                    Think i may go a 5day next week:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by middlemist camelia View Post
                      On this topic of fasting, is it recommended if you have been diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue? I'm concerned about added cortisol...
                      Please talk to your doctor about this. A bunch of folks on the internet can't really do anything but speculate.

Comment

• I'm planning on at least two, up to four.

Comment

• We did four last time. I was thinking about maybe going for a longer one.

Comment

• I'll cheer you on, but I'm thinking I'll start slow this time.

Comment

• I'm reviving this thread, because I am starting a five-day fast. Anyone interested in chatting?

My fasting history has changed. For those who are interested in a brief recap: I stopped doing the monthly fasts(just enjoying eating too much, I guess! ) and then after getting hit with a digestive issue at the end of February 2013, I sort of fell into Alternate Day Fasting. It has worked very well for controlling my weight, but I still have the (as yet to be figured out) digestive issue. I have tried various things( FODMAPS, food eliminations, diaries, relaxation techniques,etc). The issue is a little better than when it began, but still bugging me.

The next thing I am trying, is a five-day fast, to give my digestive tract a complete rest while it grows a new lining(based on the intestinal lining renewing itself every three to five days).

That's just for an understanding of where I am coming from. I don't particularly want to talk about my issue, except in the sense of my motivation for doing the fast.

Yesterday was my first Fasting Day after Thanksgiving, in my normal ADF rotation, and I am now debating plunging ahead and making it the first of my five days, or maybe doing an ADF rotation or two before going for five days.

The longest I have done before was four days.

Yesterday was a little hard, I am assuming because I was coming off the high-carb delights of Thanksgiving. (I am usually low to moderate carb.) But I made it through.

So, enough about me! Anyone want to join in?

Comment

• I plunged in. I am approaching the end of my third day. I'm a little hungry, but it is not bad. Doing ADF has really helped me be more detached from hunger as an emergency situation.

A friend was somewhat astonished that I didn't get headaches from not eating Being mostly low-carb/fat-adapted has helped with that, I think. No shakiness, either.

I am regretting that I can't(choose not to) eat the rest of the yummy Thanksgiving leftovers. The pie is standing neglected. And the ham, the beautiful ham!

Comment

Working...
                                X