How to get the carbs in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get the carbs in

Hey everyone, I'm needing to up my carb intake. I have felt terrible lately on 50 grms or less.
    The problem is that I have a lot of allergies and can't eat grains, dairy, nuts, or nightshade veggies/spices.
    My diet can get bland real quick.

I do not have any noticeable problems with beans but no that it's not a paleo food. I'm considering trying beans every few days and see what happens.

I need to lose 40-50 more pounds. I don't want to add a food that may be a problem for weight loss.

Here are the carbs I plan on eating: sweet potatoes (i'm really not to crazy about them), peas, beans (soaked and cooked properly, dairy free dark chocolate (few times a week), veggies, and some fruit. Fruit is not very satiating to me, so I will only have a few serving a day.

I'm going to count my calories and hang out around 1500 and a little higher on work out days.

I would appreciate your input.

Carrots, beets and parsnips may be helpful here?
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

White rice maybe???

Do you like sushi?

Comment

Some people eat regular potatoes and white rice. Neither appeal to me, but then I love a sweet potato.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

I do like sushi!
          I know that grains make me terribly sick.
          I will try white rice and see what happens.

Comment

How about regular potatoes and other starchy tubers like Name (aka Puerto Rican sweet potato, but it's nothing like a sweet potato - more like a regular potato, but with a pretty decent nutritional profile) or Cassava/Yucca?

Comment

I'd give squash a try. Its not as carb dense, so you can slowly ramp up your intake without adding rice in tiny, unsatisfying increments. Also, roasted acorn squash is delicious. I know they are currently going out of season, so that might be a problem.

Are there any exotic or foreign food stores in your area? Do some experimenting. You could find something awesome.

Comment

Different varieties of banana would be worth trying.
                Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
                CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Comment

fruit/squash/tubers

Any root vegetables carrots/parsnips/beets
                  Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

I second NowhereMan's advice. Winter squashes of all kinds are awsome. Acorn, butternut, kabocha, hubbard, sweet dumpling, delicata, pumpkin.

Comment

Dried plantain chips fried in coconut oil? Pick them up at most asian shops.

Comment

If you need to lose weight, you don't need carbs. Consider the leptin reset, intermittent fasting, the Atkins Fat Fast etc. I can't eat dairy, grains or nightshades either- totally understand. Go have your body fat% tested or measure and test online.
                        Read this as food for thought sorry-
                        THE HOLY TRINITY: CT-4 - Jack Kruse
                        Also read this:
                        Amazon.com: Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar, and Survival (9780671038687): T. S. Wiley, Bent Formby: Books

Comment

Regular white potatoes are nightshades, no? So those would be out.

In addition to the other yummy squashes and tubers mentioned, I love sunchokes, kohlrabi, celery root, turnips, and rutabagas.

Comment

Working...
                          X