How do you like your bacon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you like your bacon?

Seeing the scallops and bacon post, my reaction was "that sounds great but you burned the bacon". My wife likes it crisp, I like it softer. I have always eaten the less crisp ends off of her bacon (the best part in my opinion)

How do you guys eat it?

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Any way I can get it!

Comment

CRISPY!!! Like, if you dropped it on the floor it would shatter.

Yummmm...

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

I'm with tara. Shattering bacon.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

i'm freaked out by pigs so I tried turkey bacon - but it doesn't get all crispy...wahhh

Comment

Hmm, depends...if I'm crumbling it up for a salad topping, then it has to be crispy. By itself, I like it kinda chewy with a little crunch. My favorite is the texture that bacon gets when wrapped around a piece of meat and grilled.

Comment

I like it chewy. Crispy just ruins it, IMO.

Comment

Cook it low and slow, so it comes out crispy and chewy. With each bite a tiny flood of liquid fat escapes.

Plus, you have a nice pan full of slow rendered bacon lard with no burned bits.

Comment

Worship the bacon god

Comment

Half crispy and half soft, so then I can use the crispy bits as solders for my eggs (I wonder if I could put vegemite and butter on my crispy bits of bacon?)

I worship Bacon as it is the thing that cured me of my teenage vegetarianism, which luckily was a long, long time ago.

Comment

I like it with my eggs I never get bored of this combo

Comment

Crispy all the way. Though I need to learn to be patient and cook it slower - tend to slightly burn it every time.

Comment

Working...
                        X