Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep Less - Eat More

I figured this was relevant.

P.S. If anyone is looking for a quick way to get the news in a browseable TV format without all the b.s. you can find more at MOXNEWSd0tCOM's Channel - YouTube

I'm not affiliated with the owner of this channel in any way, just sharing a resource.

I'm not surprised. I myself tend to be an "emotional eater" including boredom and being tired. Thanks for sharing the vid.

Comment

I sleep a lot- in bed by 8:30 most nights.

Comment

Originally posted by NWPrimate View Post
        I figured this was relevant.

P.S. If anyone is looking for a quick way to get the news in a browseable TV format without all the b.s. you can find more at MOXNEWSd0tCOM's Channel - YouTube

I'm not affiliated with the owner of this channel in any way, just sharing a resource.
        I just stay up, and workout. Now, I'm not sure if this is healthy, either.
        If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Yeah, I'm always hungrier when I don't get enough sleep. Sadly, I don't get enough sleep most of the time. I hate going to bed and don't usually do so until I simply can't hold my eyes open anymore. Bad habit I need to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnivara View Post
            Yeah, I'm always hungrier when I don't get enough sleep. Sadly, I don't get enough sleep most of the time. I hate going to bed and don't usually do so until I simply can't hold my eyes open anymore. Bad habit I need to work on.
            For me, the best sleeping pill is a hard workout in the early afternoon. By the time 10pm rolls around, my brain & body are ready to crash hard and it's a good feeling. Otherwise, I'm pre-disposed to night owl patterns. Are you lifting heavy things?

Comment

i used to stay up late because i worked odd hours and i still wanted to hang out with friends, this lead to eating...

now i don't think of food as social or out of boredom, so its much easier to stay up late and not eat
              http://myquest4happiness.blogspot.com/
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread48307.html (journal)

Comment

Being sleep deprived definitely makes me hungry and gives me sugar cravings. But it also makes my skin ultra-sensitive, makes it impossible to focus, and destroys my mood. Bottom line is not sleeping is bad for you in a lot of ways.
                Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

I also hate to point out the obvious, but if you sleep less you are awake more hours, hence you just might likely end up eating more due to fact you are awake more hours.

Comment

Originally posted by harambur View Post
                    I also hate to point out the obvious, but if you sleep less you are awake more hours, hence you just might likely end up eating more due to fact you are awake more hours.
                    I agree with this. It links back to the same type of statistics that state Area X has a lower crime rating than anywhere else, but fails to mention that it could be because no one is reporting the crimes... or that the population is smaller than anywhere else by a long shot.

I too eat when I'm tired to keep myself awake - case in point, American Military History class...
                    Primal since March 5, 2012
                    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Originally posted by harambur View Post
                      I'm not sure that's the whole story. Let's say that these people are only getting 5 of sleep per night.
                      If they did this on a regular basis, they would be a wreck, so I think it's fair to say that 5 hours would qualify as as lack of sleep.

This means only 3 extra waking hours. While you could eat an extra 550 calories during those three hours if you were chowing down ice cream as they mentioned, I would be willing to be that there are hormonal/metabolic factors at play here as well.

I've read several times that skipping an entire night of sleep will make you just as insulin-insensitive as a diabetic.
                      I believe that was a Dr. Eades quote, but I'll have to check.

The human being is a complicated machine to say the least, so I'm sure there are a number of things contributing here.

Edit: I couldn't find the Dr. Eades reference, but here's another...
                      http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0505091632.htm
                      Last edited by NWPrimate; 03-15-2012, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X