No announcement yet.

Starvation vs Eating non-paleo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's day by day basis and you can't really make a generalization. If you are not too hungry, stick it out and do a little IF in the meantime. If you are starving, eat something non entirely paleo (80/20 rule). I think people, including myself are guilty in over analyzing things on this diet and become obsessive.

Comment

Originally posted by lardomuncher View Post
      I think it's day by day basis and you can't really make a generalization. If you are not too hungry, stick it out and do a little IF in the meantime. If you are starving, eat something non entirely paleo (80/20 rule). I think people, including myself are guilty in over analyzing things on this diet and become obsessive.
      good point. i actually eat non paleo foods and i'm still losing. can't say if it's 80/20, 70/30 but it works for me. you're right, you can't really make a generalization.

Comment

Originally posted by scjohnson243 View Post
        Dot,

If you are coming from a "regular" diet, this will be completely different. With "Old" diets I would always have that hungry feeling all the time - and skipping a meal was torture because I always seemed to WANT to eat. When you start with this one, you will realize your eating most of the time and not really hungry - I was just looking at another diet that is talking about eating 6x a day (the normal diet) and I just dont see how people do it. I had my omelet this morning and I brought a big hamburger patty for lunch, and its about 50/50 if I'll eat it or not because I just wont be hungry.

For the simple answer, Fasting is the way to go if you cant eat primal/paleo. But I think you will be surprised on how easy that is to do once you get going on this.
        It's that I'm quite busy and I'm constantly trying to keep as active as possible. I've been going paleo for a couple of months and it's great, however If I'm doing mentally intensive activities that require my full attention for a long period of time I find it quite difficult to fast. Yet again, it could be that I'm not used to it.

Comment

Thank you for all the responses

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
            Concentrate on adapting to the lifestyle instead of finding reasons not to observe it. I rarely find myself in a position where there isn't acceptable food. I'll fast if I do

There is never an excuse for not having made provision for good food for yourself. If you don't have time to cook then make sure you have food that you can eat cold or reheat. Pretty basic
            agreed! i always have nuts or beef jerky in the car in case i am super hungry. however, for the most part i am not that hungry because eating primal makes it so you do not get hungry between meals.

Comment

Once you've been eating in a Primal or Paleo way for a while you'll likely find that skipping a meal does not starve you. A lot of people do this very often (some every day). You may feel a few waves of hunger in that time, but they usually pass, especially if you keep busy and hydrated. Try it a few times and you might find it a lot easier than you think.

Comment

I was able to survive for a time on oatmeal for bfast, skipped lunch, about a 12 hour fast during the day then more crap at night, but just barely.
                Of course we need to eat paleo to be able to survive but if you can't fasting between crapola meals is a good option.

Comment

Working...
                X