Mark was right

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark was right

In Mark's blog, he warned us about the naysayers. My vegetarian sister sent me this:

All red meat is bad for you, new study says - latimes.com

*face palm* see mark's post today.. thread #7
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Originally posted by activia View Post
      *face palm* see mark's post today.. thread #7
      Exactly. Shall we start a tally? I swear, it's getting to the point of those spam posts I saw in one of the forum sections, here.
      If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

My non-meat-eating close friend sent me the email to this study recently. She does it on the regular basis which pisses me off - better not answer as it will just get into a quarrel.

Comment

They are obsessed with us. The doubters always remind me of athiests, they bang on more about how they don't believe in God than Christians do about their belief in God! (in my experience)
          Last edited by smilingjustalittlebit; 03-16-2012, 07:13 AM.
          Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

I swear to god if the vegetarian girlfriend to a friend of mine brings this up on Saturday when im going over there to a party I will literally explode, these articles gets me sick to my stomach

Comment

Originally posted by jimpag View Post
              I swear to god if the vegetarian girlfriend to a friend of mine brings this up on Saturday when im going over there to a party I will literally explode, these articles gets me sick to my stomach
              You could eat a huge steak right in front of them and NOT die... I think that would be the best revenge!
              An avocado a day keeps the doctor away!

Comment

Slap her in the face with said cut of huge steak, before, during and after cooking.
                Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

Just tell her you'd rather die 10 years ealier looking as good as this than live for another 10 years looking like you'd lived 100
                  Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
                  Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
                    They are obsessed with us. The doubters always remind me of athiests, they bang on more about how they don't believe in God than Christians do about their belief in God!
                    lol, this is a good comparison because I find many primal and paleo people treat it as some sort of religion.

Comment

The best way to reply is to say "actually if you take a critical look at Table 1 in the original article and look at the characteristics of the highest mortality quintile, you will see some really interesting confounding covariables. I don't think the authors adequately addressed these issues in their analysis. What do you think?"

Then listen to the sound of one hand clapping.

Comment

Originally posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
                        They are obsessed with us. The doubters always remind me of athiests, they bang on more about how they don't believe in God than Christians do about their belief in God!
                        Thank you so very much for your sweeping generalization. Ever stopped to consider your sampling bias in assuming the only atheists around you are the ones who are loudly asserting their atheism?

Assuming everyone around you who doesn't assert a position to you therefore is aligned with your position is not logical.
                        Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
                          Thank you so very much for your sweeping generalization. Ever stopped to consider your sampling bias in assuming the only atheists around you are the ones who are loudly asserting their atheism?

Assuming everyone around you who doesn't assert a position to you therefore is aligned with your position is not logical.
                          The only people I've seen banging on doors to join them are Johavas Witnesses... Most atheists I know you wouldnt even know it unless you specifically asked them.
                          Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Originally posted by activia View Post
                            The only people I've seen banging on doors to join them are Johavas Witnesses... Most atheists I know you wouldnt even know it unless you specifically asked them.
                            Mormons too. All of whom are Christians of various stripes, last I checked...
                            Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Originally posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
                              The best way to reply is to say "actually if you take a critical look at Table 1 in the original article and look at the characteristics of the highest mortality quintile, you will see some really interesting confounding covariables. I don't think the authors adequately addressed these issues in their analysis. What do you think?"

Then listen to the sound of one hand clapping.
                              yes, do this
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X