Who here eats one meal a day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here eats one meal a day?

I have been eating two meals a day, but I feel a change coming on.

Before I followed a pretty basic 8-hour window intermittent fasting schedule.
    After a while, I ended up shortening it to 5 hours.

Then, for the last few days, I eat, then get hungry again 3-3.5 hours later, eat my second meal, then my body is completely good for the rest of the day.
    It was really surprising, at first, I thought my body was craving a cheat when it started sending hunger signals at the 3-3.5 hour mark, but the hunger stayed away after I met my daily calories with that quick turnaround 2nd meal. (which is currently at a small deficit for weight loss)

Anyone here actually eat ONLY one meal a day or very similar? Because I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up naturally evolving to that state.
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

I do. I eat one meal a day, usually midmorning, and I make that meal count; lasts me the through the day and my workout, go to bed, wake up, rinse and repeat. I work better one one meal a day than two I've discovered; it's also made it easier for me to not worry so much about balance. I found it really difficult to get a balance down between multiple meals but now I'm good.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Comment

I fast completely on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I eat a dinner on the other days. Rarely, I'll have a light lunch on eating days, but that is becoming less and less frequent. I am not trying to eat this way on the eating days, I am just not excessively hungry.
      5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

Comment

Originally posted by GrokON View Post
        I fast completely on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I eat a dinner on the other days. Rarely, I'll have a light lunch on eating days, but that is becoming less and less frequent. I am not trying to eat this way on the eating days, I am just not excessively hungry.
        THAT is pro-level fasting!
        I have done a 24 hour fast a few months ago, didn't quite agree with me at the time, but I should try it again sometime now that I'm slowing adapting better.
        There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

Comment

I have been doing 24 hour fasts lately, which usually ends up in eating one huge meal around dinnertime (sometimes lunch). I've noticed that if I try to stuff myself and eat a whole day's worth of food, i have a huge stomacheache that lasts for hours. My new approach is to eat a meal that's closer to a normal sized (as in 3 a day) meal, which is working much better. Eating once a day feels really good, but I don't do it everyday. My philosophy is that it's not good to do anything every day, as humans we seem to respond better to life in general when we mix it up.

Comment

My entire adolescence I fought with my parents about eating first thing in the morning. I was never hungry before 11am and if I was forced to eat breakfast two hours later I would be ravenous and my stomach would be growling loud enough to hear on the other side of the class room.
            Generally I have a cup of coffee once I get to work and don't eat again until I get home and then a snack a little later. It works for me, even before I ever heard about Primal I ate this way. On weekends I will eat a late brunch with my husband and then a late dinner around 8 or 9pm.
            The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison

Vancouver Island Primal and Paleo Living <<< join our Facebook Group

Comment

I'm trying to do it with more regularity. I was tempted to fast for another 24 hours, to see how that went. But, I had to save it for tomorrow, and possibly Friday.
              If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

sometimes I do, but generally twice a day. Never after about 4 pm, well rarely anyway.

Comment

I would like to do a 24hr fast, but it's limited. If I fast through lunch, I'll be heavily judged by the "grain is healthy, eat often" office. I can't fast through weekends because I'm always with friends somewhere. Grr
                  My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                    I would like to do a 24hr fast, but it's limited. If I fast through lunch, I'll be heavily judged by the "grain is healthy, eat often" office. I can't fast through weekends because I'm always with friends somewhere. Grr
                    I hate fibbing, but I have to do it, sometimes (in a roundabout sort of way), saying I already ate. Because, technically, I already did - the day before.. But they don't need to know that last bit.
                    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Originally posted by lssanjose View Post
                      I hate fibbing, but I have to do it, sometimes (in a roundabout sort of way), saying I already ate. Because, technically, I already did - the day before.. But they don't need to know that last bit.
                      How to fib? I usually eat with one person almost every day, so I can't say I already ate if I didn't eat with her.

Also I am a terrible liar.
                      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Ha! I've used that excuse before! In two semesters of university so far, I've only eaten on campus... once? And I deeply regret it, the cafeteria sushi made me sick.
                        When I mention not eating on campus, I mean I don't even bother packing any food, ever. Even when I'm there all day, having woken up at 7am, and by the time I walk home from university, it's closer to 5pm.

First week or so I packed emergency nuts, but I realized I didn't need to eat. Class is a great way to keep my mind off of food.

Comment

Originally posted by Tealia View Post
                          Ha! I've used that excuse before! In two semesters of university so far, I've only eaten on campus... once? And I deeply regret it, the cafeteria sushi made me sick.
                          When I mention not eating on campus, I mean I don't even bother packing any food, ever. Even when I'm there all day, having woken up at 7am, and by the time I walk home from university, it's closer to 5pm.

First week or so I packed emergency nuts, but I realized I didn't need to eat. Class is a great way to keep my mind off of food.
                          My mother noticed I have a one track mind, and said that's how I'll lose weight, because I take my mind off most things, just focus on whatever I'm obsessing about, at a given time.

Comment

My mother noticed I have a one track mind, and said that's how I'll lose weight, because I take my mind off most things, just focus on whatever I'm obsessing about, at a given time.
                            Reminds me of my aunt. When she was trying to diet a while back, she would whip out an old 90s Gameboy (the big grey brick one!) and play tetris and other games.

Mark Berkhan of LeanGains has covered this phenomenon. He titled the article 'the Marshmallow Test', it covers a study done with kids and marshmallows. The kids were left in a room for 10 minutes with a big marshmallow. They were told that if they didn't eat it, they'd get a second marshmallow. The kids that managed to resist the treat often did so by ignoring the marshmallow, playing with their hands, etc.

The kids that failed and ate the marshmallow (thus forfeiting the second marshmallow), usually did so because they did nothing but stare at, and focus on the marshmallow.

Comment

Originally posted by Tealia View Post
                              Cafeteria sushi? I guess I went to the wrong university...
                              My Journal: Englishman In Oz, Skinny to Muscle in a Primal Way

Comment

Working...
                              X