Best cut of meat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cut of meat

Nothing worse than dry flavourless steak, and you get that even, cooked rare to medium rare

What's the best cut of steak ? Most flavour, most fat content ?

Steve

Not sure about the steak family. Too poor to be a steak connoisseur. But beef heart is a flavor bomb, especially with the fat on it.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

ribeye bone in....the best....age it for a few days unwrapped in your frig......yummy!

Comment

Originally posted by brighthorse View Post
        ribeye bone in....the best....age it for a few days unwrapped in your frig......yummy!
        X2 ! Had my local meat shop's "caveman cut" last weekend. 2" thick and bone in. YUMMMM!!!

Comment

Everyone's preferences are different... depend on my mood... I like Filet (lean) and bone in Ribeye (fatty)... but heck... T-bone, NYStrip and those types of fatty are good too. As well as flank, and skirt for lean... it REALLY depends on the application.

I'm also very partial to sliced, trimmed, beef heart seared rare. It doesn't get much beefier than that in flavor.
          And those big hunks of white heart fat are SO good for cooking... such a bonus.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Ribeye aka Delmonico!

Comment

Love NY Strips and Delmonicos. Good fat content.

Comment

I love a good T-Bone. Best of both worlds, in my opinion.

Comment

big fan of cowboy (bone in) cut ribeyes. lots of protein. lots of fat. sounds like i need to stop at the butcher on the way home from work....

Comment

Porterhouse. Hands down.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

Striploin, followed by a good porterhouse, or a bone in ribeye. Heart is also amazingly delicious. So is flank steak, but prep and how you slice it are critical.
                      Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

Ribeye, no doubt! I thought I'd like it dry aged, but we tried dry aging some with the last batch we got from out grass fed cow and I found the result to be tough and way too dry. I'll stick with straight out of the package grilled to medium rare with a little pepper, garlic, and onion from here on out.
                        Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
                        Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Comment

I like the rib meat, next to where the ribeye is cut from- it's usually significantly cheaper, and as fatty and delicious as a ribeye. Only downside is a bit of extra connective tissue to work around.

Comment

Can't go wrong with a pork shoulder chop

Comment

Price not an option, I prefer my 24oz, boneless, local grassfed ribeye. Best value option, top sirloin. Pan fried, rare to medium rare served with a big pat of kerrygold after rested for 10 minutes!
                              Last edited by Fernaldo; 03-14-2012, 02:51 PM.
                              "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X