I just had my coffee black

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just had my coffee black

After months of bp coffee and coffee with coconut cream/oil.

I don't feel the need to guzzle my coffee down now, but actually enjoy it with sips. It's so delicious on its own! Must do this more often...
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Congratulations. The only way coffee should be consumed. BP coffee is BS. You don't put butter (or anything for that matter) in coffee, sorry, you just don't.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
      After months of bp coffee and coffee with coconut cream/oil.

I don't feel the need to guzzle my coffee down now, but actually enjoy it with sips. It's so delicious on its own! Must do this more often...
      Agreed. After having good coffee (not Starbucks, Seattle's Best, etc.) black, I can tell when someone overloads it with sugar, or cream.
      If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Have you noticed that true coffee connoisseurs will only drink their coffee black? Once you get used to it, black coffee has an incredibly complex and nutty taste. Adding anything to it will spoil that subtle flavor. Of course, I'm talking about good coffee here and I 100% agree with Issanjose that Starbucks and other chain store drinks are not coffee- they are either soot water or dirt water, but definitely not coffee. Good coffee is like fine wine. It has character and complexity. Different coffees also combine differently with different foods, some complementing sweets and some complementing salty foods. Can you tell I lurve my coffee?

Also, to anyone who can't drink coffee without sugar, I suggest trying it for two weeks with just some cream. It will be bitter as hell at first, but once you get used to it, you'll never go back to putting sugar in your coffee. You'll start to appreciate the nuttiness of just coffee. It's a sacrilege to put sugar in your coffee, IMHO.
        Last edited by Fiji; 03-14-2012, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I've noticed. I used to drink vanilla or macadamia nut flavored coffee from Hawaii, which I used to put coconut cream in. After buying into Bulletproof Coffee, I bought more gourmet coffees online to put butter and coco oil in. I've started to fast for breakfast so I've been drinking it black. I should have appreciated the complexity of the beans a lot more without defiling it with the butter/coco xD But now I know!

Comment

What is good coffee? And where can I get some?

Comment

I don't drink coffee, but I'm a huge ice tea drinker. I've found that I'm enjoying the complexities of the tea itelf without the sugar. When I drink tea with sugar now, it's almost gross. Even lightly sweetened tastes like syrup.

Comment

Originally posted by eelnus View Post
                What is good coffee? And where can I get some?
                I've been purchasing Goshen Coffee lately. In between orders, I go to my Whole Foods and pick up bags of locally roasted Barefoot Coffee.

Comment

I drank coffee black at one point in time. At first it's disgusting, but you soon come to actually like and prefer it (well at least I did) over cream and sugar. Even so, I slowly but surely went back to adding sugar and milk. Be wary though, that since it is not deluded it will probably be stronger/potent on your system.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                      I've been purchasing Goshen Coffee lately. In between orders, I go to my Whole Foods and pick up bags of locally roasted Barefoot Coffee.
                      Hmmm.. I need to tell my brother, who lives in East Bay, to fetch me a bag, when we meet up in Southern Cal.
                      If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Whenever I'm wishing for good coffee, it's usually the Mocha Java, Black & Tan, or Blue Heeler from ALTERRA.

Comment

Originally posted by jfreaksho View Post
                          Whenever I'm wishing for good coffee, it's usually the Mocha Java, Black & Tan, or Blue Heeler from ALTERRA.
                          Thanks for the link! Some of those single origin coffees look very promising. I'm not a big fan of blends as much, but really enjoy what one kind of soil will offer to a coffee bean

Comment

OK i just ordered a single cup coffee maker cuz the free coffee at my work is crap bulk stuff. So I'm going to brew my own high quality coffee at work from now on. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Coffee snob here. Single cup makers suck. Get a decent espresso machine and a nice grinder.

My morning americano with that perfect foamy crema on top is bliss.

Comment

Working...
                              X