• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paleo bread

has anyone seen this?
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePaleoBread/info
    I just saw this posted on Facebook. I checked out the website, here:
    Julian Bakery
    was wondering if anyone has tried any of their products.

I haven't been craving bread too much, except for yesterday, I was really tired from lack of sleep the night before, wouldn't you know I WOULD have insomnia the night after we "spring forward" , lol.

If you google *paleo bread* you'll find more recipes than you'll know what to do with. It's been around awhile~

Comment

thanks, I can imagine there must be a ton of them, I just was wondering if anyone had tried this company's products.

Comment

My mom buys their low carb bread sometimes. I was already off grains when she started getting it, but she likes it a lot. None of the breads they currently sell are actually grain-free. I'm not sure what the fb site you linked to is actually for (says paleobread.com but goes straight to julian's bakery ?), but anyway there's a comment on julian bakery's site that says they're coming out with paleo bread in may 2012.

Comment

Not this bakery~ but I've tried gluten free bread in the past ~ from Whole Foods~ and found it so different from wheat bread that it didn't really appeal~ it was heavy, dense, just so different. Right now, I'm trying home baked Chebe bread~ has potential!

Comment

Paleo bread?

I don't care who says what, no one can convince me that this creature exists. I also don't believe in unicorns, and I believe the dodo is extinct.

That doesn't mean I don't think folks have found ways to substitute--I think frozen spinach is a fine substitute for rice, although it's totally illogical and I can't explain it.

But "paleo bread" is an oxymoron. Until I realized it, I was disappointed more often than I really needed to be.

(Now, if I want bread, I just cheat. Judge me as you will.)

Comment

I just tried Chebe rolls, made with tapioca flour. You still need to go easy on them, because they aren't exactly carb-free, but they are pretty good. Chebe I found mine at my local supermarket; they have a section that seems to be geared toward diabetics.

BTW, I just checked their website (Julian Bakery); none of their breads are grain free. Sorry!
              Last edited by Sanctus Real; 03-13-2012, 07:16 PM.
              Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctus Real View Post
                I just tried Chebe rolls, made with tapioca flour. You still need to go easy on them, because they aren't exactly carb-free, but they are pretty good. Chebe I found mine at my local supermarket; they have a section that seems to be geared toward diabetics.

BTW, I just checked their website (Julian Bakery); none of their breads are grain free. Sorry!
                Am I seeing it correctly that one sandwhich bun made with that stuff has 42g of carbs?
                Fighting Primal - A Savage Performance and Recovery Blog for Primal Combat Athletes

Comment

I am aware of that. I think that the Paleo bread they are coming out with in May is suppose to be, not sure though, I was just wondering about the company's products, whether anyone had used them and what they thought, because if the new bread is made without grains, I might want to try some. so, I was just looking for feedback on the company.

Comment

I bookmarked a chebe bread website, and might give it a whirl, in the near future.
                    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Dude, it's coming out in May. The only flour in it is almond flour. It has like 9 grams of protein and 5 grams carbs. Zero grains bro. SORRYYYY!!!!

Comment

Their loaf Smart Carb GF #3 only contains a small amount of Teff, and that is gluten free, so unless your a purist I cant see its going to be detrimental to health. All the rest of the ingredients in it are grain free.
                        I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Comment

You could make your own bread out of buckwheat. I once made bread out of riceflour and it came out fine.

Comment

Originally posted by billp View Post
                            You could make your own bread out of buckwheat. I once made bread out of riceflour and it came out fine.
                            Ive tried making all sorts of different grain-free breads but I couldnt get the carb count as low as Julian Bakery do! No idea how they manage that.
                            I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Comment

Originally posted by gottaluvalab View Post
                              Paleo bread?

I don't care who says what, no one can convince me that this creature exists. I also don't believe in unicorns, and I believe the dodo is extinct.

That doesn't mean I don't think folks have found ways to substitute--I think frozen spinach is a fine substitute for rice, although it's totally illogical and I can't explain it.

But "paleo bread" is an oxymoron. Until I realized it, I was disappointed more often than I really needed to be.

(Now, if I want bread, I just cheat. Judge me as you will.)
                              Damper breads were definitely being made in the paleoithic era. The native aboriginals made breads by winnowing wattleseed and millet grasses. Wattleseed bread actually tastes pretty good. Gluten free as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X