Octopus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Octopus?

I bought a section of octopus (I think it's part of a tentacle because it seems to have some suction cups on it) and I don't have any idea how to make it. Mrs. Griffin and the Griffin Chicks refuse to prepare or partake of it with me.

Suggestions?
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

It's good sliced raw--I have it all the time at my local sushi place--but I don't know if that's safe to do at home if it's not ultra-fresh. I wouldn't know how to cook it.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

marinate it in some simple spices and lemon juice, run a skewer throuh it and grill the sucker!

Comment

Three options... if it's fresh, raw, sliced thinly and pounded a bit,then just sashimi or a quick ceviche... OR... either cook it FAST, or long and slow. Anything in the cooked in middle will yield a octopus flavored rubber band experience. LOL

Look up a recipe for greek braised octopus. I love that stuff.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Cut it up into chunks and go fishing?

Comment

i would definitely shy away from eating it raw unless it was legitimately sashimi-grade octopus. and super fresh.

and like cori said, either cook it fast or low and slow. there is no in between

Comment

Cook it quickly or it will get really chewy. I would suggest finding or making a sauce. Heat water to boil then throw it in for about 5 minutes, remove and put in an ice bath for a few seconds. Toss it with sauce and enjoy.

That's how I did jellyfish.

Comment

Eat what Mrs. Griffin and the chicks eat. bahahahahahahah
                Julia
                Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
                Started Primal Mid January 2011
                Current Weight 183
                Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
                http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jmday View Post
                  Eat what Mrs. Griffin and the chicks eat. bahahahahahahah
                  Where's the adventure in that?
                  There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

marinade in lemon, olive oil, garlic and onion and grill her up.....and I'll be there in an hour
                    SW175ish GW140 CW157

height 5'6"

Official for real start date 1/10/12

Comment

Working...
                    X