Candida VS Paleo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lashes86 View Post
    I just found this on the Healing Naturally by Bee website: ..... SCARY! I've never heard of such a thing..

"Cancer is directly connected with candida (yeast overgrowth), and both candida and cancer are the result of the degeneration of the body. It is estimated that over 70% of all people have candida, including men, women, children, and babies, which is actively and seriously deteriorating their health: see the simple test, list of symptoms, and a health program that handles it below."
    I hadn't heard that It makes sense that an immune system compromised by a chronic infection is going to find it more challenging to remove cancerous or precancerous cells.

Also, I expect there's an association factor, as well as a causal one, because excess sugar consumption is a cause both of cancer and of candida overgrowth.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by patski View Post
      That makes sense. But what of coconut milk and meat? Last I checked, both were high in saturated fat. I haven't even looked at the carb content of a can of coconut milk. I will today though!
      You're right - most of the calories are saturated fat. It's not a huge amount of sugar ... it's in the order of around 8 g sugar in a cup of coconut milk, which can be significant for some people. So it's generally fine for avoidance of candida but for some best avoided during an elimination program.
      F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by lashes86 View Post
        I just found this on the Healing Naturally by Bee website: ..... SCARY! I've never heard of such a thing..

"Cancer is directly connected with candida (yeast overgrowth), and both candida and cancer are the result of the degeneration of the body. It is estimated that over 70% of all people have candida, including men, women, children, and babies, which is actively and seriously deteriorating their health: see the simple test, list of symptoms, and a health program that handles it below."
        I remember reading that Candida is also a precursor to cancer, and sometimes can be the same thing...However, it depends on the level of infestation candida has in your body. She says candida is created to help detox and eliminate specific toxins - I don't know exactly how true this is. i've also read that "chronic candida" is caused by toxic metals and a copper/zinc imbalance. But, I think Bee has the better perspective on this.

Comment

I've been treating a Candida overgrowth for about two months now.

There is a natural and healthy amount of yeast that should be in your gut, but an overgrowth can lead to all kind of system-wide symptoms, including your classic yeast infection (oral, vaginal, anal etc.) as well as various skin issues (cystic acne) and pretty much anything else gut-related, which is pretty much everything! There is a lot that goes on in your gut (when I say gut I mean digestive tract), even things like serotonin production (foul mood may not indicate a candida issue on its own, but combined with other symptoms, definitely something to consider).

I recommend getting a wide-spectrum probiotic (I take this one, once or twice a day now, initially 2-3 times a day, mixed in water) and reading up lots and lots about various supplements that may help. I'm taking C. Away and haven't noticed any of the occasional yeast-infection symptoms I'd been having on and off for quite some time now. I noticed improved mental function with 2-3 weeks of starting the probiotic (and that is something I pay close attention to as I'm no longer on any SSRIs and learning to manage anxiety and depression with nutrition and supplementation).

It can take 1-6 or more months to completely recover and re-balance your system after messing up your gut flora with an overgrowth or from antibiotics. Sticking with a low-sugar primal diet will help immensely.
          Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by aliophile View Post
            are you for real? I normally wouldn't wish a raging yeast infection on anyone but in this case i'll make an exception.

hahahahahahahahaha
            SW175ish GW140 CW157

height 5'6"

Official for real start date 1/10/12

Comment

Working...
            X