Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitiligo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vitiligo

    Anybody else with this annoying autoimmune disease? Going primal wouldn't by any chance help with this, would it?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Comma View Post
    Anybody else with this annoying autoimmune disease? Going primal wouldn't by any chance help with this, would it?
    Have you tried the automimmune protocol of Paleo? I've seen it around here, recently.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

    Comment


    • #3
      I wish I could tell you. My boyfriend has had it since he was a child, and he's probably the biggest promoter of Primal and what it has done for me, but he won't try it himself.

      I remember hearing on a podcast somewhere that a young kid had it pretty bad, and it went away fairly quickly with either Primal or Paleo. Pretty easy to document something like that. Unfortunately, it was at least a couple of months back, so I don't remember whose podcast it was or the guest's name.

      ETA: Okay, here it is: http://www.robbwolf.com/2011/01/04/t...on-episode-61/

      Also check the comments at the bottom of the linked page. More info there.
      Last edited by RitaRose; 03-12-2012, 03:48 PM.
      Durp.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
        I wish I could tell you. My boyfriend has had it since he was a child, and he's probably the biggest promoter of Primal and what it has done for me, but he won't try it himself.

        I remember hearing on a podcast somewhere that a young kid had it pretty bad, and it went away fairly quickly with either Primal or Paleo. Pretty easy to document something like that. Unfortunately, it was at least a couple of months back, so I don't remember whose podcast it was or the guest's name.

        ETA: Okay, here it is: The Paleo Solution – Episode 61 | Robb Wolf | The Paleo Solution book and podcast | Paleo diet, Paleolithic nutrition, intermittent fasting, and fitness

        Also check the comments at the bottom of the linked page. More info there.
        Thanks, for this. I like these stories of "beating the odds." And I just found his podcast, weeks ago... I know, where have I been?
        If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

        Comment


        • #5
          Whoa, thank you!! I definitely didn't think anybody would even know what I was talking about, and here you fantastic ladies are with advise and all. Thanks!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Comma View Post
            I definitely didn't think anybody would even know what I was talking about...
            I think it got a bit of an awareness boost when people found out Michael Jackson had it. Kind of like Parkinson's (which my dad had) and Michael J. Fox.

            Honestly, when I first met my boyfriend, I though he had a chemical burn on his hands. Didn't think twice, but later he said it was vitiligo. No big deal to me either way. In fact, I love beards on men, and told him I hoped he never shaved his. Turns out, he has a good-sized spot on his chin, so he'll never shave the beard off. Bonus for me!
            Durp.

            Comment


            • #7
              Tell him he can get rid of the chin spot with Protopic ointment. It works great on the face, jst not so great on hands and feet.

              Comment


              • #8
                As a happy bearer of these wondrous living tattoos, I am happy to say that going primal did not reduce the appearance of my vitiligo.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Comma View Post
                  Tell him he can get rid of the chin spot with Protopic ointment. It works great on the face, jst not so great on hands and feet.
                  Oh, no! Then he'll be able to shave off the beard!
                  Durp.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                    As a happy bearer of these wondrous living tattoos, I am happy to say that going primal did not reduce the appearance of my vitiligo.
                    But, then, Husband, you're also about as pale as your "living tattoos," and they only show up if you tan and show them off...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yeah, not so fun for me. I'm fed up with having to deal with it, and I tan when I look out of the window at a rainstorm.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I would think it was possible it could help. I second the paleo auto-immune solution check out www.chriskresser.com
                        It's at least worth a try! It certainly won't do you any harm, and might help or cure you.
                        Primal since March 2011

                        Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have a pretty mild version on my arms - seems to have come with other autoimmune conditions I have. I am on day 13 of the paleo autoimmune diet. This will be a pretty easy thing to track, to see if it improves.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Oh, please tell if it helps! i'm a newbie and still in carb flu phase, and Im afraid tht I will ditch it alltogether if I go restrictive now. I already couldn't do Candida diet, I want the dairy and the fruit....I can cut out nightshads and nuts and seeds, but you have to do it all at once, I suppose.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              What do I look for on Chris K? I didn't search for the right keywords, I think. (vitiligo and auto-immune solution) Thanks!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X