No announcement yet.

High fat, low carb, low protein foods.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High fat, low carb, low protein foods.

deleted.
    Last edited by gtidey; 10-02-2013, 07:05 AM.

Can you do dairy? Cheese, heavy cream, butter, and ghee.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

ummm WHY? What's wrong with protein? Also a little carbs does a body good.
      Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Maybe he's bored.
        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Lard, tallow, duck fat, goose fat, coconut oil, avocado oil.

Bacon.
          Lifting Journal

Comment

Eat a fattier cut of grass fed steak (ribeye, t-bone, etc.) as opposed to the leaner cuts of meat.
            Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
            Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Comment

Originally posted by gtidey
              Cos I always seem to use up my carb and protein ratio way before I use up my fat ratio!!! I always have fat to get down me at the end of the day to hit the target.

(Oh, btw, I train 5x a week and have worked out my ratios for that, which is what these targets are)
              So either you are eating only lean cuts of meat, which in that case, cook it in fat... or your targets sound off.

Even if you just ate eggs as your protein source and put some butter on your veggies you'd be at 60% fat.
              Primal since March 2011

Comment

If you drink coffee, consider Bulletproof Coffee

That recipe has about 600 calories of almost pure fat.
                Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
                Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Comment

Originally posted by gtidey
                  Yeah, that's what I had concluded too.

I eat out a lot cos of work (schmoozing clients) and there's not always really fatty stuff around.

Guess I'll just start soaking my food in olive oil.
                  Just ask for extra butter, and pop the scoops in your mouth like fried mushrooms.
                  Lifting Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Sihana
                    You could try coconut oil as well. Avocado Oil.

Sometimes I just munch on kerrygold butter when I don't hit my daily ratios. You can drink some cream.

Nuts can work too if you can stand them. Not so high in protein, but very fatty.

High in O6 I would not recommend eating a lot of nuts
                    Primal since March 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Bubs
                      What would be considered a lot of nuts?....just curious
                      more then a handfull a day.
                      Primal since March 2011

Comment

Originally posted by activia View Post
                        So either you are eating only lean cuts of meat, which in that case, cook it in fat... or your targets sound off.

Even if you just ate eggs as your protein source and put some butter on your veggies you'd be at 60% fat.
                        Yep. I don't go out of my way to add fat to my diet and I'm easily at 60% most days. I cook with enough fat so stuff doesn't stick. I drizzle a little olive oil on my salads. I don't like them really oily. I occasionally throw some butter on my veg. It's not hard. Fat is really calorie dense. It adds up fast.

Comment

Macadamias. Their caloric density is similar to butter, and it's almost all fat.
                          6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
                          ― Søren Kierkegaard

Comment

Originally posted by Bubs
                            Is it necessary to eat a handful a day? I haven't been and was wondering if maybe I should.
                            Not necessary to eat any at all. I've been munching on one brazil nut most days for my selenium, other then that I usually dont bother. Actually it would be best if your nuts were soaked and dehydrated.
                            Primal since March 2011

Comment

Originally posted by gtidey View Post
                              Please give me suggestions for foods which are basically only (or as near to as possible) fat!

I'm living off coconut milk, nuts, olives, olive oil and avocado - help a brother get some variety!

Thx
                              I think the reason why you're having trouble finding foods that are high fat but low carb and low protein is because humans aren't made to eat foods that are high fat but low carb and low protein. Grok didn't eat oil. Humanity didn't evolve with oils. Oils are a recent creation, and you're not supposed to just douse real food with empty, isolated fat. All oil is processed food. Don't worry about your macronutrients and start eating real food. You're better off eating chicken breast and sweet potatoes than ribeye steak slathered in a giant pool of butter.

Butter is not food. It's a tool for cooking and a flavoring agent. Treat it like salt and pepper. You wouldn't eat a big bowl of salt and pepper, so why eat hundreds and hundreds of empty calories worth of processed fat? Tomorrow, my lunch is chicken breast and apples.
                              Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 03-22-2012, 08:24 PM.
                              Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Working...
                              X