High fat, low carb, low protein foods.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocotaco369 View Post
    butter is not food. It's a tool for cooking and a flavoring agent. Treat it like salt and pepper. You wouldn't eat a big bowl of salt and pepper, so why eat hundreds and hundreds of empty calories worth of processed fat?
    yes!

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
      Butter is not food. It's a tool for cooking and a flavoring agent. Treat it like salt and pepper. You wouldn't eat a big bowl of salt and pepper, so why eat hundreds and hundreds of empty calories worth of processed fat? Tomorrow, my lunch is chicken breast and apples.
      Exactly...!

Is your diet mainly PLANTS and ANIMALS? Or are you using things that are healthy in moderation or used as supplements as dietary staples?

Comment

I think the reason why you're having trouble finding foods that are high fat but low carb and low protein is because humans aren't made to eat foods that are high fat but low carb and low protein. Grok didn't eat oil. Humanity didn't evolve with oils. Oils are a recent creation, and you're not supposed to just douse real food with empty, isolated fat. All oil is processed food. Don't worry about your macronutrients and start eating real food. You're better off eating chicken breast and sweet potatoes than ribeye steak slathered in a giant pool of butter.

Butter is not food. It's a tool for cooking and a flavoring agent. Treat it like salt and pepper. You wouldn't eat a big bowl of salt and pepper, so why eat hundreds and hundreds of empty calories worth of processed fat? Tomorrow, my lunch is chicken breast and apples.
        No, you would be better off eating that. You don't speak for everyone. I don't know why you have so much trouble understanding this.

"Butter is not food," GTFO.
        Last edited by ss14; 03-29-2012, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ss14 View Post
          No, you would be better off eating that. You don't speak for everyone. I don't know why you have so much trouble understanding this.

You sure are angry

Comment

^No one talks about my Kerrygold like that man just did. No one.

Comment

^no one talks about my kerrygold like that man just did. No one.
              i'm gonna churn that mf'er

Comment

Chicken + sweet potatoes = 2 real foods.
                Steak + butter = 1 real food, 1 processed food.

Yes, I am speaking for just about everyone. You can cover your steak in butter if you want, but realize butter is processed food and it's similar to sprinkling sugar on top of your food. It's the same in the sense that it's empty calories with little nutrition. Is grassfed butter better than sugar? Yea, probably, but it's still not ideal as it's not a real, whole food. And if you have fat to lose, it's counterproductive. The human body wasn't designed to eat 500+ calories of butter a day just like it wasn't designed to ingest 50% of its calories from grains and sugars. Just because butter is far better for you than grain and sugar doesn't mean it's good for you versus real, whole foods.
                Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Fats aren't very micronutrient-dense. They're often essentially empty calories just as processed starches are.
                  F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Chicken + sweet potatoes = 2 real foods.
                    Steak + butter = 1 real food, 1 processed food.
                    My mitochondria don't understand that math, professor. Yours don't either. But you can eat the way you eat because your mitochondria are better at creating energy from carbs than mine.

Comment

I know two good reasons to eat really low carb/high fat:
                      1. As a temporary measure to fix metabolic issues
                      2. As a long-term treatment for epilepsy/nerve damage (ketogenic diet).

Otherwise, I tend to agree with Choco and others that more carbs/protein is probably better.

Comment

Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
                        Fats aren't very micronutrient-dense. They're often essentially empty calories just as processed starches are.
                        Is this the Stupid Corner or something?

Micronutrients are not the only reason to eat any particular food and in any case fat-soluble vitamins are just as important for the body as any other vitamin. Modern industrialized societies where people like you have been brainwashed into low-fat dogma have shedloads of women who are actually unable to conceive because their vitamin A status is so low.

Actual primitive cultures studied by Weston Price in the 30s, which even then they were on the cusp of modernity, ate anything from 40% to 80% of calories as fat. No-one need eat at the high end, but I doubt anyone should be below the low end of that -- not optimally. Anyone who was would either be eating an excessive amount of carbohydrate or more protein than was good for them -- which, among other things causes further depletion of vitamin A, since it's needed to metabolize it.

Yes, animal fats are good for you:

The Daily Lipid: "Are Animal Fats Good for You?" Lecture Now Free Online

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
                          Is this the Stupid Corner or something?

Micronutrients are not the only reason to eat any particular food and in any case fat-soluble vitamins are just as important for the body as any other vitamin. Modern industrialized societies where people like you have been brainwashed into low-fat dogma have shedloads of women who are actually unable to conceive because their vitamin A status is so low.

Actual primitive cultures studied by Weston Price in the 30s, which even then they were on the cusp of modernity, ate anything from 40% to 80% of calories as fat. No-one need eat at the high end, but I doubt anyone should be below the low end of that -- not optimally. Anyone who was would either be eating an excessive amount of carbohydrate or more protein than was good for them -- which, among other things causes further depletion of vitamin A, since it's needed to metabolize it.

Yes, animal fats are good for you:

The Daily Lipid: "Are Animal Fats Good for You?" Lecture Now Free Online
                          Thanks, for this
                          If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Almonds.
                            I wonder why anyone would want to eat a low protein food though? Why not just eat butter or olive oil on vegetables?

Comment

Liverwurst!
                              Winencandy's hearts: 2 parts coconut oil, 1 part chocolate of your desired sweetness, melt together, pour into candy molds or little paper cups. Great way of getting a little pop of coconut oil with a little chocolate. Store in the fridge.
                              Make your own pork cracklings.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                                Liverwurst!
                                Winencandy's hearts: 2 parts coconut oil, 1 part chocolate of your desired sweetness, melt together, pour into candy molds or little paper cups. Great way of getting a little pop of coconut oil with a little chocolate. Store in the fridge.
                                Make your own pork cracklings.
                                Better than most store-provided solutions..
                                If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Working...
                                X