Cold Thermogenesis Guidelines/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
    HOLD IT. This is chronic thermo! Just eat less, folks.
    less than ?????
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Less than whatever silly couple of bites this will negate.
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

A question for anyone who's been at this for a while and lifts...

How are your lifts progressing? Is CT making you stronger? Jack Kruse makes it sound like you'll be superhuman...lol
        Just want some verification on that aspect of CT since it's the most interesting part of it to me.

Comment

Dude, this ain't for weight loss, and you might want to take your cold, trolling ass back to a warm room.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post

How are your lifts progressing? Is CT making you stronger? Jack Kruse makes it sound like you'll be superhuman...lol
            Just want some verification on that aspect of CT since it's the most interesting part of it to me.
            i dont lift yet, but i do sprint after my bath. each sprint is faster and stronger.

I can say that my muscles are tighter and allow me to do more. I am up to 4 pushups anytime i want and once i get to 10 i will be at my personal best for anytime in my life. I never understood why pushups were my bane when i could do 4 sets of 12 reps of 400 # on bench... but 10 pushups killed me WTF. nobody had an answer. CT is getting me there slowly but surely

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

Yeah, the seasonal adaptation and cold tolerance ability are reason enough to do this. But too many people are going to do this to burn calories instead of seeking health. Not being a troll for trolling's sake, simply offering up a point to counterpoint your lemming-like migration over this cliff.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Less than whatever silly couple of bites this will negate.
                Oh you cannot provide an accurate assessment of your statement.

well... thanks ... i guess.... uhm. hmmm

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

Yeah, the seasonal adaptation and cold tolerance ability are reason enough to do this. But too many people are going to do this to burn calories instead of seeking health. Not being a troll for trolling's sake, simply offering up a point to counterpoint your lemming-like migration over this cliff.
                  well assuming one actually follows his path and it leads where he thinks it leads, burning calories will be an unrecognized side effect.

Kruse was sneaky about it but he doesnt give a rats ass about weight loss per se.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

I'm a bodyweight kinda guy. My LHT consists of pullups, dips, squats, and pushups. Since starting CT this winter, I have been able to increase my pullups from 10-15 max to 25-30 max. Not saying CT will turn you into a superhuman, but it doesn't hurt, either. Lance Armstrong and Michael Phelps both use CT to increase athletic potential--see where it got them?

Comment

Originally posted by otzi View Post
                      I'm a bodyweight kinda guy. My LHT consists of pullups, dips, squats, and pushups. Since starting CT this winter, I have been able to increase my pullups from 10-15 max to 25-30 max. Not saying CT will turn you into a superhuman, but it doesn't hurt, either. Lance Armstrong and Michael Phelps both use CT to increase athletic potential--see where it got them?
                      That's what I'm hoping for... I lift 4 days a week doing 5/3/1 and EVERYTHING has stalled out, deloads not working, etc. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                        well assuming one actually follows his path and it leads where he thinks it leads, burning calories will be an unrecognized side effect.

Kruse was sneaky about it but he doesnt give a rats ass about weight loss per se.
                        I think using CT just for weightloss is fine. It is actually a very effective way to increase 'calories out'. Since everyone here should be eating a paleo diet, even better for CTs ability to perform magic.

It is obvious everyone who is making fun of this hasn't read any of the links I provided or done any looking beyond their nose. CT is going to explode on the scene in the next few years, I've already heard it mentioned on Dr. Oz and a simple search on Google or better yet, PubMed will show you the science behind this.

That said, it's not for everybody. My wife would kill me if I turned my house thermostat down to 55.

Comment

That's what I'm hoping for... I lift 4 days a week doing 5/3/1 and EVERYTHING has stalled out, deloads not working, etc. I'll give it a try.
                          Do you live somewhere cold? I have a treadmill in my unheated (45 deg) garage and a pullup bar outside. I hill-climb on the treadmill with a fan on high and every 5 minutes run outside and do 10 pullups in whatever temp it is outside.

If you live somewhere warm, it may be harder, but cold baths, and drinking lots of ice-water may help.

Comment

Originally posted by otzi View Post
                            Do you live somewhere cold? I have a treadmill in my unheated (45 deg) garage and a pullup bar outside. I hill-climb on the treadmill with a fan on high and every 5 minutes run outside and do 10 pullups in whatever temp it is outside.

If you live somewhere warm, it may be harder, but cold baths, and drinking lots of ice-water may help.
                            Indiana. This time of year it's supposed to be cold but it jumped from ~50 to 70 over the last couple of days :/
                            I've been taking cold showers for about a month, and my deadlift suddenly started working, but I can't tell because of some...confounding factors (added starch once a week, proper deload).

Who knows lol

Comment

(I know this it a total derail, but...)

Sorry to hear that. I've been doing 5/3/1 (well, I subbed weighted chins for bench press) for about a year now and have stalled on deadlift and overhead press, but made good progress on those 2 lifts and great progress overall. I'm trying pushpress instead of strict press and have reset my weights on DL. Have you tried resetting the weights as prescribed when you stall? Also, I think I have noticed that doing the three sets of 5 during deload weeks actually does help. Some weeks I've shrugged it off and just did bodyweight stuff or nothing at all, but I seem to have made better progress when I did the three deload sets.

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                                (I know this it a total derail, but...)

Sorry to hear that. I've been doing 5/3/1 (well, I subbed weighted chins for bench press) for about a year now and have stalled on deadlift and overhead press, but made good progress on those 2 lifts and great progress overall. I'm trying pushpress instead of strict press and have reset my weights on DL. Have you tried resetting the weights as prescribed when you stall? Also, I think I have noticed that doing the three sets of 5 during deload weeks actually does help. Some weeks I've shrugged it off and just did bodyweight stuff or nothing at all, but I seem to have made better progress when I did the three deload sets.
                                I do do the deload weeks properly, but I think I started my weights too high and have too much pride to lower them, would rather bash my head against the proverbial wall. That's probably my problem, but I figure throwing CT at it might help too.

Comment

Working...
                                X