Cold Thermogenesis Guidelines/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Caton View Post
    Man, do I envy you. Cold water works best. You've got it made, by golly. Furthermore, think of the magnesium and other minerals you may be receiving transdermally. If I lived there, I'd be in the water everyday, except winter of course, when the air would more than suffice. Curiosity, what is your wintertime ocean water temp?
    I try to be in the water as much as I can in the summer but as I said you have to be hyper-motivated. Ocean temps right now are probably damn close to freezing as the inner harbor freezes occasionally. Back in the day there are pics of the ocean freezing to the outer islands and horses and ice sleds traveling back and forth. Regardless, outside temps predicted at -15 this weekend with dangerous windchills and yet another epic snow dump, so if inclined I could probably jump in a snowbank for a bit and see what happens!
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

• In California, it is perfect for cycling in summer gear with temperatures in the 50-60's in the morning with a nice wind chill factor. For my weekday commuting I wear cycling shorts and no shirt on my 5 mile commute each way. I get a few looks from people, but I rarely even think about the cold myself. This is very efficient for me -- I need to go to work anyway, I would just get sweaty if I wore anything else -- and don't take a shower at the office.

The body adapts pretty well.

Comment

• My exercise falls woefully short of ideal, so I have no n=1 to report, but it is my understanding that exercise in the cold (50-55F) provides similar benefits as PEDs without the hassles.
        Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
        Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

• Originally posted by John Caton View Post
          My exercise falls woefully short of ideal, so I have no n=1 to report, but it is my understanding that exercise in the cold (50-55F) provides similar benefits as PEDs without the hassles.
          Is this accurate? I hope so, last week went skiing it was 4 deg F with a windchill of -20 F (currently 0 F). This would mean all outdoor activities would have an added bonus this time of year.
          You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

• I do cold showers here and there too.
            Very refreshing.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Not sure how many people are interested in this, but the owner/inventor of CoolFatBurner is a good friend of mine and all the science he demonstrates is real, verified, professional. Good chance to help him out and get a "cool" product in return.

CoolFatBurner Kickstarter Project

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.ne...7210-webm.webm
              Find me on Facebook!

Comment

• Originally posted by tatertot View Post
                Not sure how many people are interested in this, but the owner/inventor of CoolFatBurner is a good friend of mine and all the science he demonstrates is real, verified, professional. Good chance to help him out and get a "cool" product in return.

CoolFatBurner Kickstarter Project

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.ne...7210-webm.webm
                Just checked...they are up to $55,000 on their Kickstarter! Pretty good seeing they were actually only hoping for $5700.
                Find me on Facebook!

Comment

• What is the minimum effective dose of cold thermogenesis?

Comment

• Sounds goofy but has anyone tried just stuffing a couple of freezer blocks inside their t-shirt? # impoverished brit

Sent from my C6903 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by Gazzamongo View Post
                      Sounds goofy but has anyone tried just stuffing a couple of freezer blocks inside their t-shirt? # impoverished brit

That is commonly done. Just another technique.

Comment

• Thanks john that's gonna be my m.o then

Comment

• Originally posted by Gazzamongo View Post
                          Thanks john that's gonna be my m.o then

That's exactly how Eric came up with his CFB Vest...started sewing pockets big enough for ice packs into T-shirts. Not really rocket science! It would pay to look very closely at where exactly the ice packs need to be for best results, ie. directly over the BAT deposition sites. Watch the videos in the Kickstarter and you'll see.
                          Find me on Facebook!

Comment

• Originally posted by tatertot View Post
                            That's exactly how Eric came up with his CFB Vest...started sewing pockets big enough for ice packs into T-shirts. Not really rocket science! It would pay to look very closely at where exactly the ice packs need to be for best results, ie. directly over the BAT deposition sites. Watch the videos in the Kickstarter and you'll see.
                            Tim is correct. Location of the ice packs is key. Back of the neck and upper chest are key locations. I haven't tried this technique with a shirt. I've placed an ice block on the back of my neck while sitting for similar benefits. Caution is necessary applying the cold directly to the skin and some serious CTers use compression shirts to protect capillaries while applying cold.

Comment

• Originally posted by zmisst View Post
                              What is the minimum effective dose of cold thermogenesis?
                              Ice pack on the back of the neck for 30 minutes after 6 p.m. 5 days a week

Comment

Working...
                              X