Vacation = Fast food

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation = Fast food

I am going to Florida for spring training in a little over a week. Last year when we went almost every meal we ate was fast food because of our tight school budget. Any tips on what i can get? I like the salads at subway and we do go there often...but McDonalds is my coach's favorite! and now reading that chicken mcnuggets have 30 ingredients I don't know what i'm going to do with mysef! We also go to quiznos and taco bell often...

One of the Angus Burgers with the bun removed won't be too awful.

Comment

The best you can do is get the salad option where available and a burger/grilled chicken sub WITHOUT condiments and then just eat the meat and throw away the bread.

Good Luck!

Comment

Why does it have to be fast food? Can't you research restaurants ahead of time? Or just go to a Safeway or other market ahead of time and grab a salad of theirs?

Or make pemmican to pack for the whole trip.

Comment

Where are you staying? Do you have access to a kitchen? A fridge? Grocery stores even have started making meals on the go. I've seen small meat and veggie trays, you can buy nuts, fruit etc. If you can take a small cooler with you, you can ensure you have back up foods. Heck, I've even seen boiled and peeled eggs ready to go for a snack!

If all else fails, when I get in a pinch I'll buy a burger and toss the bun. Need a knife and fork though, or it gets messy.

SW: 235
          CW:220
          Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
          Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
          Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
          Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

get one or two of the grilled chicken sandwiches with lettuce and tomato and toss the buns. and a side salad. or just the sandwiches if your budget tight. they have grilled chicken salads also and since your here in Florida, ask for unsweet tea and your all set.

Comment

Ok thank you for all the tips!! We will have a fridge and full kitchen in out resort so i plan on getting a bunch of good primal foods for those days but, but 3 of the days we will be in a hotel with nothing besides a microwave. So i guess i will do the meat without the bun options! or salad if available!

Comment

What about cans of tuna/sardines/salmon? Specially those little cans of tuna in olive oil. Or simply some protein powder to make shakes with?

Comment

Wow that is a great idea! i never thought of that...i am def. going to do that one!

Comment

Pack lots of beef jerky and nuts/seeds. Maybe fast for a day so you wont even need to worry for a day. Then just order burgers and toss the bread

Natural Selection: http://ichoosenaturalselection.wordpress.com

Comment

As the others have said, get yourself some cans of fish, pre-hardboil eggs, jerky, salami, ect. Last I checked, McDonalds have salads as well.

If you really want to go for it, make yourself, or buy, some pemmican.

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
                      Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
                      I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Comment

You can also take with you a little cooler to have with you at practices, that way you are less likely to binge or be tempted by the garbage at fast food places when you're starved. AND if there aren't many options, you could get a grilled chicken burger, and then offset it with the nuts, jerky, eggs and other goodies you have in your cooler.

SW: 235
                        CW:220
                        Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
                        Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
                        Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
                        Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

Working...
                        X