Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red meat

Hey folks,

4 weeks on gout here and today is worse than before so there is obviously something aggravating it. I have been on paleo for about 4months And can't help but think its something in the diet.

Don't get me wrong I love the diet so am not sure what to do here.

I had a steak last night and today is worse than ever so perhaps that might be a factor maybe coincidence.

I am gonna have to scale back on red meat for a bit and see if I get better.

Just sucks.

Have you tried celery seed?

Celery Seed Conquers Gout Pain - The People's Pharmacy®

Read that gout is a form of arthritis~ I eat celery stalks like a maniac when my arthritis acts up~ works every time.

Comment

Its bout the only thing I have not tried. Baking soda, acv, cherry juice etc.

Comment

Are you eating fructose? I've heard that's the biggest cause of aggrivation - fresh fruit included.

Comment

if anything my diet is supposedly better now than it was pre gout

Comment

Are you repeatedly crossing the line between frank ketosis and moderately low-carb? According to Phinney and Volek, keto-adaptation involves a uric acid spike each time you re-enter ketosis...implying that it would be best to keep to one side of the line consistently if you are gout-prone.
            6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
            ― Søren Kierkegaard

Comment

Originally posted by cantare View Post
              Are you repeatedly crossing the line between frank ketosis and moderately low-carb? According to Phinney and Volek, keto-adaptation involves a uric acid spike each time you re-enter ketosis...implying that it would be best to keep to one side of the line consistently if you are gout-prone.
              Ummm I don't think so. If I have carbs maybe some rice or tatters. Have had no no grains. Since paleo have had one sandwich.

Today I had a spring roll and Chinese.

2 months prior to the attack I was in vacation and drank a lot but had no outbreak.

I am thinking it was a Max Muxcle protein shake that was very sweet. Or steak.

Comment

Originally posted by cantare View Post
                It seems more that being IN ketosis raises Uric acid levels which is basically low carb diet.

Comment

Just found an article that suggests high fat diets and diminished uric acid excretion.

As well another high study suggesting that hight fat low carb diets trigger gouty symptoms.

Comment

Are you eating plenty of vegetation? I recall somewhere that gout was caused by an acidic blood environment,
                    and to counteract the acidic effect of meat you have to ensure adequate veggie intake.

Comment

Working...
                    X